Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
I don't know why you guys say it's stupid. why would you buy a fast car and not use it, of course yuo should drive well if you go fast, but the reason why we all buy fast cars is to go fast and not just to look fast. I'm not saying you should go crazy between traffic, but the roads on the vid were pretty open and wide. If you could spend money on a GT then you should most probably USE IT.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Going on my own little road rally...

A little off topic, but...

I'm going to be driving the Mustang to Florida before Thanksgiving:bounce2: and plan on making it down there as quickly as possible, weather conditions permitting...

Any input on which of the following states seem to be more relaxed on speed enforcement (Ohio, Tenn, Ky, Georgia, Florida), or does it vary by municipality?

Also, is the speed a trucker is driving really a good gauge of police presence in the vicinity?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
glyppus said:

I'm going to be driving the Mustang to Florida before Thanksgiving:bounce2: and plan on making it down there as quickly as possible, weather conditions permitting...

Any input on which of the following states seem to be more relaxed on speed enforcement (Ohio, Tenn, Ky, Georgia, Florida), or does it vary by municipality?

Also, is the speed a trucker is driving really a good gauge of police presence in the vicinity?
dont know about the other states, but you take your right foot off the gas when you hit the Florida state line. especially the turnpikes. when we took the family to disneyworld in may this year, there were FHP and Orange County Sheriff cars EVERYWHERE! they all had someone stopped, and they were all pressing hard... it sucks too, Floridas pikes are 55 MPH:sadcry: ours are 75 MPH in OK, so it was damn hard for me to drive from Orlando to the Cape doing double nickel the whole way...:sadcry: thank g-d i opted for the minivan instead of the mustang vert for the rental car.... (just not enough room for the kids and luggage) or i would have been stopped for sure... stangs tend to stall at low speeds like that...:eyepoppin :hihi:

N

·
0 Posts
i'm lucky i guess cause i had a run to jacksonville fl from savannah ga almost all out the entire way...racing from rest stop to rest stop with a few new friends..not one cop stop...

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
glyppus said:

That was a cool vid.

I wouldnt recommend speeding at all on the way there, lol.
Best bet would be get a CB, the truckers report smokeys(cops) with mile markers and direction of travel. With that and a good radar detector and smart driving you might get away with it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks for the tips.

Can you get a hand-held CB for cheap? Maybe radio shack? I'll need to do some research to see how to use it to complement my Valentine I, which does pretty well all on its own.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts