Ford Mustang Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
I know this flash shouldn't give us more power, but mine feels so much stronger now. It's been 2 weeks and my gas mileage has dropped from 20 to 16. May have something to do with me having so much fun pushing the gas pedal now.
Thanks BIGAL and GTX for rubbing this in! I will not have time to get this done for a few more days. I'm still pissed.

how come i don't see anything else about this TSB anywhere else on the internet? btw my car does have the extended crank problem once every couple of months.

I had this TSB done yesterday. My car definately pulls harder below 4000. I drive aggressively pretty much all the time so I know how it felt before the reflash. I'm guessing it changed something in the fuel trim/throttle response code. The lagging throttle response is gone and I can blip the throttle much faster for downshifts now. It sounds different too. I've got Flowmasters and the gurgle on deceleration sounds incredible. Also the mpg display reacts almost in real time . You get on it and it'll drop to the 16-17 range pretty quick. Back off the throttle and drive normal it shoots back up to 21-22. I had an intermittent miss at idle and sometimes in different rpm ranges. It seems to have fixed this also. I just plain feels like a different car now.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.