Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford's head of marketing came out today with a brash, succinct statement that strikes deep down into the core of humanity: "f**k GM."

Jim Farley, shown above in a much calmer demeanor, launched this shot across the bow in an early copy of the book "Once Upon A Car," by New York Times reporter Bill Vlasic. Farley was quoted as saying, ""We're going to beat on them, and it's going to be funf**k GM. I hate them and their company and what they stand for. And I hate the way they're succeeding."

The book details the derailing of the Big Three during the early months of the recession, which may serve to justify this sort of motivation: after all, corporate executives usually know better than to sprinkle their public statements with four-letter words. GM was quick to respond, with one spokesman replying, "we would not have expected such crass words coming from Ford."

In the immortal words of Officer Marcus Burnett, Miami-Dade PD: "sh*t just got real."

More: Ford Marketing Boss Jim Farley says "F**k GM" on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Not a smart thing to do. These guys jump from company to company. Nero played the fiddle while Rome burned. While the domestics bicker, the Japanese and Europeans continue to eat into the former domestic base. Neither Ford or GM show me much I want outside of pony cars and trucks. When Ford produces a line up from top to bottom that's exciting he can crow. Has he forgotten Ford recently dropped it's Mercury name plate? I'm not impressed with the chest beating.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Not saying its right, but Henry Ford would have felt the same way IMO. He didnt want to be 2nd to no one. being the best is knowing the best isnt good enough

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
he's got my vote though, bout time some one did something like that... too much niceties out there in politics...

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Yes, Ford did drop the Mercury but how many long standing names has GM dropped. If he has to move on, lots of other industries would like that attitude.
Dave

·
Registered
142 Posts
This is one of those things where I like having my 6 that no one gives credit to. I'd rather know I can than show I can. By flaunting it, political suicide may just have occurred.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Why is this guy worried about Gm when Hyundai/Kia is kicking their ass. I wonder he's also the one that approved that ugly grill on the Edge.They forgot how Ford got started.Cheap cars and good quality.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't think it was right to say that but....haha WOOHOO!! :woohoo: I hate 'em too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
its so stupid i think GM and Ford should unite with Nissan and kick toyotas ass these Prius hybrid **** is pissing me off.... Seriously GM and Ford are loosing their market shares and they are fighting over their pony cars its so stupid

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
F**K Nissan, Nissan is suing a guy for using his biological last name for an internet site Nissan.com which was established years before Nissan Motors was around...what I think should be done is a Ford, GM, Chrysler merger

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well Nissan has been arch rival of toyota for a very long time and i love gtr and skyline. **** everything i think they should ban chinese cars I HATe these stupid knock off cheries and stupid great wall and all these stupid Chinese cars.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
Well Nissan has been arch rival of toyota for a very long time and i love gtr and skyline. **** everything i think they should ban chinese cars I HATe these stupid knock off cheries and stupid great wall and all these stupid Chinese cars.
well then you hate Ford...the new 5.0 has a Chinese made transmission and the 3.7 in the new 2011 stang is a Mazda engine..so let's hate the Japs too..
BMW and Mercedes are made in the USA so are Hondas, Toyotas, Hyundais...so now what do you say? You think the Japs and Germans say "screw usa" the cars are made there? It's a global economy, get used to it

·
Registered
13 Posts
.....wish he would've said "F**k Getrag":yup:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Apparently you didn't know that Ford and Toyota are currently partnering on next generation hybrid technology....
pretty sure that was Testla and Toyota not Ford, but I don't listen/watch/read news much...

·
Registered
20 Posts
guys im not even america and I love German cars for a matter of a fact i own a Mercedes however i know its global economy i have unjustified hatred towards toyota i dont know why i just hate them chinese cars are joke i mean i hate seeing cherries and all that crap in the streets. i undertand that not every one has budget to buy a good cars but seriously in stead of spending $10,000 on cherry (that's what it costs here) i would rather get some second hand nissan or honda or work my ass off and i get new v6 mustang:shigrin

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Uhh, Why is everyone saying Toyota is Chinese? IT'S JAPANESE!

·
Registered
20 Posts
who said they were chinese? i know that there are japanese i forgot to add coma so that's why it seems to be ambiguous.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
well then you hate Ford...the new 5.0 has a Chinese made transmission and the 3.7 in the new 2011 stang is a Mazda engine..so let's hate the Japs too..
BMW and Mercedes are made in the USA so are Hondas, Toyotas, Hyundais...so now what do you say? You think the Japs and Germans say "screw usa" the cars are made there? It's a global economy, get used to it
Ford OWNS 33.7% of Mazda, so TECHNICALLY Mazda is American now

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.