Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi I'm michael and live in belgium.
My project is a 1966 ford mustang 200ci that I completely restored.
This is completely repainted, a Shelby drop, new interior, all lights are LED and finished with custom MG B rims.
All this for a budget of $15,000.

Here are some pictures of the result.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hubcap Automotive design
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
Do you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you have chosen to be a part of our community.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi I'm michael and live in belgium.
My project is a 1966 ford mustang 200ci that I completely restored.
This is completely repainted, a Shelby drop, new interior, all lights are LED and finished with custom MG B rims.
All this for a budget of $15,000.

Here are some pictures of the result.
View attachment 782958 View attachment 782959 View attachment 782960 View attachment 782962 View attachment 782963 View attachment 782967 View attachment 782968 View attachment 782969 View attachment 782970
Looks like you did a great deal of the work. Looks good. By

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I did all the work myself together with my father.
I am 42 years old and my father 64.
The bodywork (preparation and priming) was my work and father helped with the mechanics.
Only the painting and tires were done in a garage.
For the rims I had read on the internet that it was possible to fit MG B rims but the backspace was not correct.
So I split the rims and made them deeper.
I needed 5mm spacers between the brake drums because the small blocks on the brake drums were touching the rim.
But I am happy with the result.

·
Headquarters
385 Posts
Looks wonderful. You did a good job restoring this six-banger. And if you were to do a V8 swap, you might wanna change the wheel hubs to a five-bolt pattern too

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A v8 swap would be nice but with straight-six it is a nice cruiser.
Also it would be a lot of work to decently convert it to a V8 hubs,brakes,suspension and the whole drivetrain.
When the weather gets better I am going to put it up for sale and try to make a little profit and maybe start another project.
Here in belgium it's hard to estimate what will happen to Classic cars.
We are not allowed to make any modifications otherwise we can't get the car through the inspection(MOT) anymore.
No air-ride,reinforced brake lines,engine swap and much more.
There are also two cities where you have to pay a fine to drive a classic car around in these cities.
So it is not clear what the future is for the classic car in Belgium.

·
Administrator
8,897 Posts
Great job Michael, welcome to the site!

·
Headquarters
385 Posts
A v8 swap would be nice but with straight-six it is a nice cruiser.
Also it would be a lot of work to decently convert it to a V8 hubs,brakes,suspension and the whole drivetrain.
When the weather gets better I am going to put it up for sale and try to make a little profit and maybe start another project.
Here in belgium it's hard to estimate what will happen to Classic cars.
We are not allowed to make any modifications otherwise we can't get the car through the inspection(MOT) anymore.
No air-ride,reinforced brake lines,engine swap and much more.
There are also two cities where you have to pay a fine to drive a classic car around in these cities.
So it is not clear what the future is for the classic car in Belgium.
Even converting drum brakes to a disc kit? A factory sheet build would make a nice time capsule but it wouldn't be the best car to drive around

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Conversion to schjif brakes is possible but reinforced brake lines is not allowed, grooved discs OK but perforated discs are not allowed, poly bushes are not allowed exept de back ones because they dont see de difference .
The cars built before 1968 are easier to convert because at that time there was no certificate of conformity with the specification of the vehicle.
As a result, they cannot prove what is original and what is not
The installation of another engine is only possible with the approval of the manufacturer, which is difficult or even impossible and expensive.

·
Registered
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
2,699 Posts
Conversion to schjif brakes is possible but reinforced brake lines is not allowed, grooved discs OK but perforated discs are not allowed, poly bushes are not allowed exept de back ones because they dont see de difference .
The cars built before 1968 are easier to convert because at that time there was no certificate of conformity with the specification of the vehicle.
As a result, they cannot prove what is original and what is not
The installation of another engine is only possible with the approval of the manufacturer, which is difficult or even impossible and expensive.
That's extremely restrictive. Here in America such rules would be unheard of. There are so few vintage cars being driven only occasionally from that era that it shouldn't even matter. If an upgrade/conversion is actually safer and more effective it should be encouraged not outlawed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Even converting to electric is very difficult.
I have a colleague at work that has a mustang(six cilinder) that has a v8 put in it without upgrading the brakes and he says it is not safe if he goes fast.
The brakes fade very fast not fun when you have to brake to take a turn .

I had lowering springs mounted on my daily driver and because I didn't have the right papers I didn't get it through the inspection.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is possible to customize things but there are strict rules.It would be a dream to live in united states,but I have also heard that depending where you live there are also different rules.
Here we also pay annual tax on a car and it depends on the cylinder capacity and horsepower.
As an example a 2018 dodge charger 3.6L costs 10415$ to register first time and yearly a tax 2346$ and 5 gallons of 98 costs 43.38$.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts