Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
Have any of you heard of such a Mustang? Is it completely original? There is a nameplate under the hood with the full name of the model and the name of the man who built it.
I'm sending pictures in attachment.
Best regards and thank you all for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
I never heard of it (but that does not mean that it does not exist)

That looks like a regular Mustang GT with some aftermarket modifications to me. I don't see a supercharger so I don't know how it could be making 400 HP.

That is a nice official looking name plaque thingy; but I think those can be made by anyone with an engraver or label-maker.

Reactions: my89foxbody

·
Registered
292 Posts
I believe that's an 1995 GT emblem on the dash?

1613771573024.png

This has all the earmarks of a personal "homage" build to a Mach 1, not a Ford factory special edition. Looks like it wasn't treated very kindly, either, from the looks of the front bumper

·
Super Moderator
2,743 Posts
@Magdalena
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your account details.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is true. It's damaged. I am thinking about the profitability of buying this Mustang. It is put up for sale in Poland. Below I am sending you a link to the announcement:

·
Registered
611 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks. Could you please ask him if he knows more about this copy and if there were more? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
611 Posts
I'm not signed up on Pintrest, but maybe another forum member is and can try to contact him.

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
It is true. It's damaged. I am thinking about the profitability of buying this Mustang. It is put up for sale in Poland. Below I am sending you a link to the announcement:

Are there any other Mustangs available? You don’t want that one. It is podrobić.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
That car was someone's own idea of a Mach 1 but missing the necessary details that would make it a proper tribute car. Unless it has a slew of performance mods it won't have anywhere near 400hp either.
The passenger side is badly damaged, the underlying frame is bent, and the rear axle is trashed. A competent body shop with a frame machine could repair it but since the cost would probably be as much as what the car is worth, the car really should be parted out and scrapped.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Then maybe you know someone who is registered on Pinterest and might ask them? I will be very grateful.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Pinterest? What for? More Mustang experts here than at Ford. That thing is a pile of :poop:aftermarket parts, not very well taken care of.(n) Run away from it, and stay low until in the clear. :D

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
That car was someone's own idea of a Mach 1 but missing the necessary details that would make it a proper tribute car. Unless it has a slew of performance mods it won't have anywhere near 400hp either.
The passenger side is badly damaged, the underlying frame is bent, and the rear axle is trashed. A competent body shop with a frame machine could repair it but since the cost would probably be as much as what the car is worth, the car really should be parted out and scrapped.
How can you tell the axle is trashed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Because a man with that name and surname is on Pinterest. You have the rest written above. Therefore, I decided to write here because I count on experts here.
Why? At least it looks original and different from most of the ones offered in my country. I definitely prefer to fix it myself and then I will know that it is well repaired than wait for someone else to do it and I won't know then how they fixed it. This is my opinion on this subject.

The photos show that the suspension is probably damaged. In addition, the car owner wrote it in the advertisement.

There is no dirt road in the US???😵

Ha ha ha!

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
There is no dirt road in the US???😵
Yeah, we have dirt roads.
If you buy it make sure that you don’t pay more than what a wrecked GT is worth because that’s what it is, a wrecked Mustang GT. It looks like he’s asking almost $7k USD.
You’re probably better off with a Mach III though.

E962650E-83E6-4622-BE86-24DC62829FA4.jpeg E84253B7-1BE4-49B7-B05E-31BFCF66EF24.png

·
Super Moderator
2,946 Posts
It doesn't even have the Mach 1 shaker intake system and hood so that tells me right off this ins't an offical Mach 1 prototype... Also never heard of them doing a prototype in that year and if they did the whole US would have heard about it and been all over it. When they announced the return of the Mach 1 for this year it was all over and discussed for a long time.

I wouldn't buy it sight unseen thats for sure as you need to find out what all it needs, but if you want a project and happy with what you see go for it. Hard to say what is worth as I am not sure what cars sell for in your country or other countries outside the US. What I can say is if the conversion done by the member above is right $6,619 is way too high for that car if it was in the US. Clean 2005 GT's are selling for around that so wreaked and in poor condition like this one I would say $4,000 at best, but personally I wouldn't go for it even at that price as there as just too many other Mustangs here in better condition and ready to go needing no work for $6,000-$10,000, but I understand if that isn't the case where you are and you may be better off buying one and fixing it up. Hard to know without knowing what your market is like there...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know perfectly well that you have dirt roads. It was written by me for this redundant comment above regarding Polish dirt roads. You have your prairies too.
Hahahaha!!!🤣🤣🤣 It was very good!!! That you also wanted to look for a photo and add Mach III.😁
For you it is certainly a lot of money for such a car, but take into account the fact that in Poland there are much more expensive Mustangs than in the USA, because first they have to be imported from the USA, and in those years there were no car dealerships with Mustangs, only most if not all were imported to Europe from the USA. In the USA, these cars are cheap like Polish Fiats used to be. In Poland, these cars are much more expensive, because in addition to the cost of buying a car, there are also costs of transport, customs, excise, and someone who imports it must also earn. This Mustang is just brought from France.

I will do better business this way because I will convert Mach 1 to Mach 3 right away!!! Hahaha 🤣
You're right!

I understand. Then it's not even Mach 1? It has Mach 1 inscriptions on the bottom of the door and seems original...

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
I understand. Then it's not even Mach 1? It has Mach 1 inscriptions on the bottom of the door and seems original...
No fake, phony, counterfeit. He the little placard made. My ‘95 Mustang GT has a Mach 1 chin spoiler but that doesn’t make it a Mach 1. The emblem on the dash comes from a 94/95 mustang GT. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A S197 Mach 1. No such thing as an S197 Mach 1. It’s a beat up Mustang GT with junky modifications.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts