Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My guess is that this is not a prototype, because before I created this topic, I was looking for anything on my own about this Mustang, but unfortunately I did not find anything.Exactly. Unfortunately, this Mustang costs so much.These cars are usually more expensive on our market. For comparison, I am adding a link. I limited the year from 2004 to 2007 and marked from the cheapest to the most expensive. Pay attention to how the prices are shaped. For me, the advantage is that this Mustang has a manual gearbox, while the vast majority have an automatic gearbox.

I understand. I also don't like fakes and any modifications. Although I really liked this Mustang. Thanks for the informations. It seemed to me that these stickers are original. Why do you think that this Mustang has junky modifications?

I thought that the only thing that is not original in this car are the front lamps, the front grill and the nameplate.

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
I thought that the only thing that is not original in this car are the front lamps, the front grill and the nameplate.
The seller painted stripes on a horse and is calling it a zebra.
Here’s what you do. Contact the seller and see if you can get the VIN number (vehicle identification number). Then you look up that number and you’ll find out what it is. Or ask the guy for a picture of the title. It will come back as a Mustang GT. Look at this link. Here is a 2005 Mustang GT just like that one only it is Blue.
Google Image Result for https://cdn1.mecum.com/auctions/ls0919/ls0919-384292/images/[email protected]?1565910963000

This is a 2004 Mach 1 which is what the seller is trying to mimic. 2004 mach 1 - Google Search

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
How can you tell the axle is trashed?
The right rear wheel is at an odd angle so at the very least, the right axle shaft is bent. That being the case, there's sure to be suspension damage as well.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Magdelana, judging by your responses, you are very interested in buying this car. Your answers also suggest you are willing to handle the necessary repairs. If this is a reasonable price for such a car in your area, go for it and keep us posted on your journey with it.
We just want to verify to you that this was not a Ford factory prototype, but instead it's a car with many aftermarket modifications added by whoever owned it before.
They had a good idea to create a personalized nameplate for it.
Since you will have plenty of work to do on it yourself, you should make yourself a great custom hood plaque engraved with your name on it to make it your own "Magedalena 1" prototype!

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
I guess if that is the only Mustang available for reasonable money over there, it is better than no Mustang at all . . . but if it was my money, I'd keep shopping.

Reactions: 90lxwhite

·
Registered
35 Posts
One time at work I see an older gentleman pull a pretty looking 66 Shelby GT350 out of his garage in an alley, nice shiny paint job, blue with a white stripe. He’s taking in all the gazes and wiping it down with a diaper. So naturally I went to talk to him and ask him if I could take a look.. asked him if it’s real, he gets offended saying of course it’s real! He brags about how rare and valuable it is, he went to a local classic car dealer to buy a Corvette and saw this on the showroom floor and had to have it.

He popped the hood to reveal one of the nastiest untouched 2v 289’s I’d ever seen, complete with oil leaks and a cracked Gano filter.. I see it has a Shelby Mustang plate covering the vin, with a C code VIN engraved after the SFM.. and another one riveted where the door tag used to be. He sees the look on my face and I couldn’t bear to not tell him. He challenged me of course so I let him know what was wrong, showed him the Cobranda website. He asks me how much a C code Fastback is worth and I tell him in that condition, maybe like 15k. He says he paid 85 because the guy showed him one that recently sold at auction for 120k. He was pretty pissed, and I pass by and see the car from time to time parked at the curb under some trees now. Still feel bad for him... lots of scammers out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is massive structural damage to the right rear side of that car. To repair that would require a replacing the sheet metal from the right door opening all the way to the rear of the car. I'm pretty sure the floor of the car will be wrinkled as well all the way to the drive shaft tunnel, and the roof is probably twisted as well. The car looks like it was drifted into a knee high solid object. The right rear wheel is shattered. The axle shaft on that side is probably broke as well, and the differential may have shed some teeth off of the gears or broke as well. In the U.S. it would cost more to repair that car than what it is worth. I have no idea what paint and body work costs in Poland, but I'm sure it would be extremely difficult to find replacement parts at reasonable prices there. You will probably spend twice what you pay for the car to have it repaired maybe even three times as much as the asking price.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, @Magdalena
Friend, this is a damaged '05 GT with a few mods and a name plate. It is NOT a Mach 1 anything from Ford. I would stay away from it unless you're mechanically & auto-body inclined, really wanting a major project car, and can get the car at a fire-sale price. I dig you're wanting a straight-drive; just be patient. Sooner or later you will come across the "perfect" car for you.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts