Ford Mustang Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Just enhanced the related repair history survey so that it can (optionally) be used as a personal car maintenance record.

As always, more participants would be helpful. Updated Car Reliability Survey results in May, with a preview for participants in mid-April.

Car reliability research

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
That update in about two weeks.

As always, additional participants would be helpful.
I'd participate but Im not sure if I'd be of help. My 07 only has 6,600 miles, it's going on 3 years old as of now not a single problem, but with the low miles it better not have one, but then again being 3 years old if anything should have happened it would have surfaced by now, right?

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I'd participate but Im not sure if I'd be of help. My 07 only has 6,600 miles, it's going on 3 years old as of now not a single problem, but with the low miles it better not have one, but then again being 3 years old if anything should have happened it would have surfaced by now, right?
The survey collects data going forward, so the number of problems you've had so far isn't relevant to it. Though good to hear you've had none.

I'm more concerned about the number of miles driven. There's no official minimum, at least not yet, but I like to see at least 4k a year. You need to drive your Mustang more!

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
We've updated the results for the Mustang to include owner experiences through March 31, 2010. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2010: 54

2008: 33

2007: 34

2006: 34

2005: 32

The 2010 is about average, the others are better than average.

A big thank you, once again, to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in August and November. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

Ford Mustang reliability comparisons

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
We've updated the results for the Mustang to include owner experiences through June 30, 2010.

Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the more recent months until the summer or even fall of next year.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2010: 49

2008: 35

2007: 24

2006: 38

Thank you, once again, to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in November and February. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years from 1995 on.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

Ford Mustang reliability comparisons

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
This week we'll start previewing the next set of results to participants. The preview results will be updated as responses come in.

As always, the more owners participate, the better the information we can provide to everyone.

Car reliability research

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Starting this month we have a new question to measure, as objectively as possible, the severity of a problem. Many people have been asking for reliability stats that weight problems by how severe they are, and once we have enough responses with the revised survey we'll start providing this.

Also this month: updated reliability stats.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
We've updated the results for the Mustang to include owner experiences through September 30, 2010.

2010: 40

2008: 39

2007: 18

2006: 36

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds," to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop.

We have these stats for couple of model years so far (they require larger sample sizes):

2007: 86, < 1

2006: 67, < 1

Ford Mustang Lemon-odds and Nada-odds

Thank you, once again, to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in February and May. With more participants, we could provide more precise information.

Ford Mustang reliability ratings and comparisons

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
We've updated the results for the Mustang to include owner experiences through December 31, 2010.

2010: 34, better than average

2008: 48, about average

2007: 15, better than average

2006: 41, better than average

2005: 32, better than average

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds," to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop.

We have these stats for a couple of model years so far (they require larger sample sizes):

2010: 65, < 1

2007: 86, < 1

2006: 68, < 1

Thank you, once again, to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May and August. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years from 1995 on.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Interesting looks like the 2007 is the most reliable year. I would figure that the 2008 or 2009s would be more reliable.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
This might be a warranty effect--sometimes people get minor repairs done right before the warranty ends. This bumps the repair frequency for the last year of the warranty an reduces it for the following year.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
We've updated our car reliability stats for the Mustang to include owner experiences through March 31, 2011.

2010: 30, better than average

2008: 43, better than average

2007: 9, better than average

2006: 41, better than average

2005: 30, better than average

We have these stats for a couple of model years so far (they require larger sample sizes):

2010: 71, < 1

2008: 63, < 1

2007: 93, < 1

2006: 71, < 1

We'll have further updates in August and November. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Interesting looks like the 2007 is the most reliable year. I would figure that the 2008 or 2009s would be more reliable.
I am sorry if I missed the info, but nowhere do I see stats for 2009. I have to assume this is due to a lack of contributors. I have a 2009 GT convertible which has, at 25,000 miles been absolutely fault free. This is not statistically relevant, but certainly is fortunate for me.

As an aside, Consumer Reports give the 2009 model year top marks for most of the major components for reliability.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Nineteen owners signed up so far for the 2009--we need at least 25 to include it in the survey. This was a short model year and many people waited for the 2010.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
We've updated the results for the Mustang to include owner experiences through June 30, 2011.

2010: 29, better than average

2008: 31, better than average

2007: 6, better than average

2006: 37, better than average

2005: 36, better than average

For those years where enough owners responded:

2010: 81, < 1

2007: 97, < 1

2006: 70, < 1

We'll have further updates in November and February. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
We've updated the our reliability stats for the Mustang (on our redesigned site) to include owner experiences through September 30, 2011.

2010: 32, better than average

2008: 41, better than average

2007: 3, better than average

2006: 31, better than average

2005: 49, better than average

2010: 77, < 1

2007: 97, < 1

2006: 73, < 1

Thank you, once again, to thsi forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates later this month and in May. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years from 1995 on.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts