Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone, interested in buying a mustang. I currently drive a bmw 325i 2006. I test drove a 2012 V6 Premium with 28,000 miles on it, I noticed when braking that my bmw breaks so much better and I changed those brakes around 23,000 miles ago so both have similar wear on them. I just want to know with new brake pads and rotors, does the car stop on the dime like my bmw? Because that's the only reason I'm shying away from buying it.

-also quick note, car I'm looking to buy was in an accident, it was hit on the left side. Dealer claims he replaced all exterior parts that were damaged and there was no damage to engine or any interior parts. (He got a new left door, new left fender) just want to hear your guys opinion on buying a car that's been in an accident also dealer only offered 3 month warrenty? Should I just tell him to go **** himself and look for a better dealer?

·
Administrator
13,260 Posts
I would look for another deal. These cars are new enough that there are plenty to be had that have not been in accidents. About the brakes, I don`t know. My GT stops fine, as did my `13 V6. Also, this is in the wrong V6 section, so I`ll move it for you.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'd find a different car if it were me. Have to believe that if it was so great they would put a better warranty on it than 90 days.

As far as feel, your BMW will feel more precise than a Mustang. It'll put down the numbers, don't get me wrong. But a BMW will feel very different than a muscle car. Repair bills will DEFINITELY feel different :) Drive a few Mustangs to get a true feel of the brakes and if it's something you can live with.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
ain't most of the braking in the tires? fwiw my performance pack stops very quickly with the Pirelli summer onlys and decent when I run the Neros.

BMW and Stang are very differant cars...test drive the V8 that will make you want American muscle...note this is from a V6 guy.

·
Registered
110 Posts
2011+ Mustang Braking characteristics are generally very good, especially when paired with a performance tire, so try out a few more (maybe with the performance package) and you might be satisfied. They will definitely brake "better," numbers-wise and objectively, than a 8 year old BMW, but braking characteristics and feel can be very qualitative so you have to see if it is something you like, as others said.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
yup....braking=tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts