Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a bit surprised I hadn't seen a thread about this yet. Is anybody going on Saturday? I'm planning on going.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm seriously considering putting Oliver in the Young Guns category on the show field. The reason this is completely stupid is the amount of rust on my car, and how bad my driver side quarter panel is.

·
Registered
135 Posts
66Sprint200 - My wife and I will be there on Saturday. It is the first stop on our week vacation. Should be nice.

By the way, do you happen to have a spare 66 Mustang speedometer? I had mine repaired but it still doesn't work correctly. I also replaced the speedometer cable assembly and the 18 tooth nylon driven gear. Still never reads above 25 mph and the needle jumps. Before I tear the tail shaft apart to replace the nylon drive gear on the tail shaft I would like to try another speedometer just to make sure my speedometer is ok. Let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, I do have a spare speedometer actually. lol It doesn't have the red dot for the high beam indicator (I stole that for mine). I don't know what shape it's in, but your welcome to it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'll be there with my club, Bad Pony Club, Thursday through Sunday, can't wait! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
288 Posts
I will be at Carlisle from Friday to Sunday. I am taking my 66 Convertible, Arcadian blue, with the rare 6 cyl intact and functional thermactor.

Anyone from AFM, come on over, say hello, would like to put some faces with names.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I am going to enter Oliver in the Young Guns category on Saturday. I must be crazy. lol But just in case nobody knows what he looks like, he is a white 1966 coupe with AFM stickers on both quarter windows. lol My car had the thermactor emissions when it was new. I don't know who or when it got removed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
66sprint200 - Thank you. I only need to borrow the speedometer. I'll contact you when we get back from vacation. I really appreciate this. Maybe I'll see you at Carlisle on Saturday.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i'll have my car in the 64.5-65 modified class on sat. making the trip down tomorrow hopefully the weather holds out for fri night drags at the local track.
Duke

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I'm NOT going to Carlisle. My thanks goes out to all the jerks who call themselves police of Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, I can't edit that messge (wish I could), I don't know if I will be there or not. I might go, but I wouldn't be in the car show.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm still going!! But I'm not going on the showfield. So now I have to ask the carlisle veterans, where do I park?

·
Registered
135 Posts
66Sprint200 - Hope you can make it. My wife and I are in Harrisburg and we are going to Carlisle today (Saturday). I was looking forward to meeting you. What did the cops do that messed up your trip???

·
Registered
288 Posts
Pics from Carslisle? I have a few-all Mustang related, of course!

Rained for an hour or so- many left. But, the burn out competetion was pretty decent, as always.

Ms. Carlisle is always a highlight of the weekend, this year was no exception!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I went AND I put my car on the showfield. The police decided to give me a $134 speeding ticket for going a couple miles over the limit, even though I had never been pulled over before.

I left when it started raining. I just got home.

·
Registered
908 Posts
show was basicly a bust on friday, only 1/2 the cars of saturday. sunday was terrible, 90% of cars either didnt come back or where gone by 10 am. swap meet was gone by noon. its turned into a 1.50 day show. not sure i will go again.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts