Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The TSE at Ford that I have been corresponding with on the engine knock issue and the severe throttle lag sent me this (Ford Racing Performance Parts) as a recommendation to remove the lag. Have any of yall used this and can confirm or deny whether or not it really gets rid of the lag? $410.00 is a chunk of change for a filter and a tuner (that I don't think can be modified) but it does keep the factory warranty if the dealer installs it. They better install it for free because I am not paying them to install something that I can do myself.

Any opinions?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Technically, it does not keep the factory warranty. If installed at time of delivery it will replace Ford MoCo 3/36 with FRPP 3/36 warranty.
Small difference, but could be huge $ out of your pocket if Ford MoCo blames FRPP, and FRPP blames Ford MoCo and you have to foot the repair bill.
If you install it, it's 1/12 warranty.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-gt-tech/293943-aftermarket-tunes-causing-8-cylinder-take-dump-13.html#post2591899

post *181 & 182

throttle lag or spark knock..hmm i'll take throttle lag

also, the more you use heavy throttle it seems the factory PCM learns this and responsiveness increases

This has not been the case on my car. As a matter of fact, the issue has gotten worse than better.

Upon clarification, the TSE said, "Well the warranty would be on the programmer and possibly the air filter, the tune itself would not affect warranty unless a failure resulted from it (and it can be proven) and then it may affect warranty coverage."

Also with regard to the warranty on the vehicle it was stated that, "Our (FMC) official policy on modifications are that they have to be directly attributable to the failure for us to deny coverage for mods, the dealers have the authority to deny warranty coverage for any reason however which can make things a bit tricky on our end."

We spoke at length about the after market tuner vs. warranty coverage. I will paraphrase the conversation when I have more time. Anyone used this tune yet?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Lots use this tune...and like me have been very happy.

My only concern is the pinging...old school thinking suggests it may be a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts