Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im debating on getting the bigger mass air or not. I dont know if its really necesary for me to buy it. I got 30lbs injectors, c&l cold air, and a bbk 65mm throttle body that are going on once the build is done. Is it even worth spending the 190$? Also the c&l comes with a new mass air im sure its the same size as stock but should i just stick with that?

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
Skip it and the C/L...the JLT is the CAI to have...if you really want a 90mm, just get a "lightning" 90mm off Ebay, they are $95...you will need a tune to dial in all your new parts
I found a kenne bell boost a spark to be a big help on my Cobra...never any knocking or miss like with the stock ignition.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have mac longtubes, o/r hpipe into mac mufflers, imrc deletes, trottle body, intake, .20 bore, tripple angle valve job,30lbs injectors.... i think thats it ..... 2many the reason why i prefer the c&l is because i dont want to emilinate my strut bar and i dont want a fender wall intake... unless they make one that isnt both of those?And what is the boost a spark? i see that you have a kenne bell blower on your cobra but is that boost a spark only good with a supercharged car? i have no idea what it is lol

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And if i get the lightning 90mm would you feel a great difference over stock? any hp gains? And would the stock Mass air work with the 30lbs injectors

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
you only need a bigger mass air when you have modded your engine to the point that it is out of the range of adjustability...the stock unit should work with your 30#s, once again you will need a custom tune or the ECU will not recognize them
PS that BBK throttle body is junk, see if you can return it and get an Accufab

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok good so ill stick with the stock mass air.... And yeah i acually didnt order it yet bc i was going to make another post lol How much better are those accufabs??

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it a PITA to do that modification needed to install it? Bc the last thing i need to do is mess up my intake plenium ...

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
not hard at all, you have to grind off the little splitter on the intake, also you need to adjust it once it's on...a pro can easily do it for you...it's worth it, throttle response will be improved, I have the 90mm single blade on mine.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok sounds great to me!!

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
+1, your stocker MAF will work. Even with those mods, you won't peg it out. I'm a fan of Accufab too.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok thank you, you guys saved me 100$!!!! lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the BBK 65mm throttle body and I think its what's causing my throttle to stick but I hear good things about accufab

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah ive heard a few things about bbk throttle bodys sticking... But than ive also heard that the problem was fixed? maybe i was talking to someone who likes to think they know everything lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Lol well I bought my car with it installed already so it could be an old one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts