Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting a CAI as well as tuner in the near future and I came across AmericanMuscles deal of free tunes for life if you order from them. Ford Racing Mustang Cold Air Intake & SCT SF3 Custom Tuner Combo (05-09 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Has anyone ordered this package from them and is it worth it?

Also, which tune would you recommend? I would want to do the race tune for the most power, what do you guys use?
And if I actually did a race tune, would I really need to use 91-93 octane instead of regular, or does it not make a difference?

·
Registered
585 Posts
i ordered the ford racing cai/tuner combo. i got the 87 street tune/93perf tune/and the 93 race tune tweaked so the 0D will kick in for highway driving. it will be here tuesday. will let you know how it goes.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
169 Posts
Got my SCT from AM. :kooky:Love that free tunes for life :kooky:
I got 89 economy for long road trips; 89 performance for daily use; and 91 performance for the strip for now. A few more mods and I'll get 91 race tune.
YES you do need to run the octain for the tune you are going to install.

·
Registered
585 Posts
i ordered the ford racing cai/tuner combo. i got the 87 street tune/93perf tune/and the 93 race tune tweaked so the 0D will kick in for highway driving. it will be here tuesday. will let you know how it goes.:bigthumbsup
got it installed!!!!! YAHOO!!! check out my post on the 2005-2010 v6 tech forum.:worship

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.