Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my dual installed but it is not what I expected. There isnt much of an increase in exhaust noise like I wanted. I expected it to sound like a v8 I have seen clips of others where it sounds pretty good but mine is not like that. I hope it was installed right I went to ford to have it done, it does look good but the noise is disapointing. Maybe I need to buy flowmaster mufflers and take off the ones that the ford racing exhaust kit came with. The kit cost $700 and cost me $160 to install it im thinking it was a mistake.:headscratch:

·
Registered
554 Posts
You are talking about the V6 Dual exhaust right? It gets a little bit deeper with time. It took a few more miles for it to sound deeper. But I went on a crusie with a bunch of other Mustangs that was 90 miles away so I guess thathelped a bit.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
i hate to say it......i told you so.....

ive been saying it and saying it, but people still buy the way over priced, useless ford parts....

·
Registered
566 Posts
i think that frpp kit comes with a x pipe i would say replace the x pipe with an h pipe or my magnaflow exhaust has straight through mufflers and it made my car much louder than i wanted but i love it now

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well you live and learn im new with cars I figured higher price meant better quality. It also claimed the v8 sound and videos I have seen of people with the same exhaust sounded great. Maybe in time it will sound better I only drove it home from the dealer havent really got to listen to it to well.

But it looks cool lol also I got my fuel door put on I love that also.

·
Registered
211 Posts
When i first got my v6 with the frpp exhaust installed it didnt sound good either, it was very quiet and dull. Sound will improve with miles, and so will the volume. I personally really like the volume of these, they are quiet for daily driving and loud when u want them to be, and they don't draw cops and too much attention.
Those exhaust clips u hear are usually done with a cold start. next time u do a cold start ask for someone to rev it a little and u will hear that nice growl, but it's no V8.

·
Registered
495 Posts
the kit you got has the mufflers from the bullit mustang. they are not very loud. now how loud do you want?

i mean go for single chamber flowmasters
Mac boomtubes or axleback
SLP loudmouths
Borla stingers

BUT

all of them are going to cost you more money, but you can try selling the mufflers on your car right now to get some of that money back

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well on my way into work I got to listen to it a litle better and pay attention I really like it. Its not to loud but it has a deep roar sound its pretty cool. I feel much better about buying it now. After I got it installed i was awake all night at work and i only drove home i didnt get to judge it very well. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the advice Corban maybe in the future if I want something diffrent I can try the other mufflers now that I at least have the dual installed.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thanks for the advice Corban maybe in the future if I want something diffrent I can try the other mufflers now that I at least have the dual installed.:bigthumbsup
np man. thats my thing too, if i ever wanna change ill never have to do the dual conversion again. an who knows you may love them while you wait =D

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the same exact exhaust system on mine and with putting a few miles on it and breaking them in along with a new CAI system mine sound great. also the bullitt muffs would be just as loud if not louder than any gt take off muffs people often get. guess it all depends on what you are going for. i was thinking for a moment about going for loudmouths but hear it may be illegal to have them soo i steared away from those.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine was the older version with GTA's and I had said those were a little on the quiet side.

The new one with the GTB Bullitt mufflers is even quieter.

Swap out the GTB's for a set of these and sell your old mufflers.

Ford Racing FR500S Performance Mustang Axle Back Exhaust (05-09) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Sounds like Stingers but without the drone.

I'm planning to swap my mufflers out for a set of those.

Those mufflers are sweet looking maybe in a year or two. Right now im starting to like mine more and more i get the popping sound whe i rev it up its sounds pretty sweet.

The installer said my car would smell as the fingerprints and things burn off my exhaust f0r about 500-1000 miles is this true or is there a leak somewhere where they didnt tighten it up enough?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Yah, I'm in no rush to swap my mufflers out either. Only if I run across a super deal, or if somehow I get a bunch of spare cash I don't need, haha.

The FRPP exhaust is pretty greasy from the factory. It's all the lube from the pipe bending. So it will smoke and smell for a while.

I cleaned mine up with laquer thinner before installing, so what was left didn't take long to burn off.

The clamps that come with the kit are pretty good. Probably not leaking.

Congrats on the new mod :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey babyjordan can you post a picture or two of you new back end. I am intrested in getting the same set up and i am just curious how the bumper looks after Ford plays with it

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey babyjordan can you post a picture or two of you new back end. I am intrested in getting the same set up and i am just curious how the bumper looks after Ford plays with it

I just downloaded some pics one here but I cannot find them how do I download pics to my profile on here?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
here is one pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Cool. Your car and mine are almost twins :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
I felt the same way after I got mine put on! way quiet! but now 2,000k miles later they sound pretty good. Wish they were a little louder though.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.