Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can find one for my 12 gt? I see they are on backorder...

Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ford GT500 axle backs

They are the best!!! I bought mine on ebay, keep watching there. they were just removed from a new shelby and replaced with something aftermarket. Also, check the classifieds under "exhaust" here in the forum. :yup:

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Does anyone have the GT500 mufflers on their V6?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the problem is that they have a delay in manufacturing.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah the problem is that they have a delay in manufacturing.
I heard a rumor that they were having some labor issues & that may be causing the delay. When I called American Muscle, to check on the status of my GT500 axle backs, I was told to check back on the 2nd week of August. The rep I spoke with told me a lot of the Ford Racing parts they have on order have been delayed, so a labor dispute would explain that.

·
Registered
349 Posts
You could always step up a notch and get the Borla Touring . Also I heard somewhere that the Ford Racing Touring a/b is made my Borla for Ford Racing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm impatient... Ordered some hushpowers! I figure I can always take them off if I hate them. $600+ for the Borla is too much for an axleback in my book. They do sound great though...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm impatient... Ordered some hushpowers! I figure I can always take them off if I hate them. $600+ for the Borla is too much for an axleback in my book. They do sound great though...
Yeah...that's why I went with the Roush axle backs on mine. I probably would have liked the Borlas, but I liked the Roush price better...plus I love the sound, so it all works out :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.