Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Description: High strength, 3.5" diameter 0.114" wall thickness 6061-RT62 aluminum seamless drawn tube. 1330 U-joints 45.5" long (CL to CL of U-joints).

Application:
Part Number: M-4602-G fits 1979-95 Mustang/Capri 5.0L vehicles with T-5/SROD/C-4/AOD/, 1979-1993 with Tremec transmissions and 7.5 or 8.8 axles.
Part Number: M-4602-J fits 1996-98 Mustang and Cobra 4.6L with manual transmission.

For more information visit: http://www.fordracing.com

Keywords: Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft

5aluminum_driveshaft.jpg

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
This driveshaft is easy to install, lighter than the stocker, and looks great. It also provided a noticable difference in performance.

Rating5
ProsLightweight, Quality, Performance
Consnone
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
262 Posts
149 plus like 20 shipping ($175 with Part, ship, and tax)

After I had my gears installed my mechanic friend (one of those friend things....he was laid off from Ford so I was trying to be nice and give him a days worth of work) forgot to mark the driveshaft. I mentioned it at reinstall and he said...."it doesnt matter".

I beg to differ....I was having a ton of vibration problems that got worse and worse at highway speeds. It took me 4 weeks of waiting for him to have a chance to "look at it". I finally got fed up with rattling around and making all kind of noise and hating to drive my car I ordered a FRP HD Alum DS. I took it to another friends shop and had it installed. It took him about 5 minutes. I went sailing down the road and AHHHH it felt so nice to have no vibration. I was relieved that problem was over.

The automatic tranny guys just have to swap out the spindle (part that goes into the rear end) by disasembling the Ujoint.

If you have any more questions that you need answered about this product....email me at: [email protected]

Rating5
Prosweight
Consno automatic version
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
150 Posts
nice replacement for the heavy stock DS, if you change it put a driveshaft loop in, nice to have if u run at the strip

Rating4
Proslightweight
Consnone as of yet
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
148 Posts
Removing the 4 driveshaft flange bolts was a pain in the A$$! Finally needed a butane torch and impact gun to get them out. Now that its installed the car seems to accelerate half a hair faster, but it could just be my imagination. I gave this a 9 out of 10 because it would be better if they sent 4 new flange bolts with it....

Rating9
Proslighter than stock
Conswider than stock so comes close to hitting my exhaust
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
alot lighter than the stock driveshaft, and it doesn't vibrate at high speeds like my stock one did.

Rating9
Proslightweight, no vibrations
Consnone
Would you recommend?yes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts