Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed/tested the new Cold Air Kit available through the Ford Racing Catalog?? (Part # M-9603-GT05).

I'm in the market for an intake kit & tuner for my 06GT and stumbled across this one in the catalog. Any insights?? Pros/Cons vs. other manufacturers??

·
Registered
622 Posts
06GTPony said:
Has anyone installed/tested the new Cold Air Kit available through the Ford Racing Catalog?? (Part # M-9603-GT05).

I'm in the market for an intake kit & tuner for my 06GT and stumbled across this one in the catalog. Any insights?? Pros/Cons vs. other manufacturers??
the intake unit itself is probably pretty good. It's 90mm, I don't know how big the stock is, 80 or 85 I think. I placed a call to Ford Racing to enquire about the Pro Cal computer tool. It doesn't permit you to make any customizations.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nonsensez9 said:
I placed a call to Ford Racing to enquire about the Pro Cal computer tool. It doesn't permit you to make any customizations.
I kinda figured as much.
I wonder how agressive the Ford Racing tune is.
Disclaimer in the catalog says "Use Premium Fuel Only"

Aside from a CAI kit, and maybe exhaust modifications, I don't think there's much else I'd do to the car at this point in time. Once warranty expires, I might drop in a S/C.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The FRPP Cold Air kit will not work with the 2006 Mustang GT. It was designed for the 2005 according to Ford Tech. The 2006 has a revised computer and another kit will be designed for it in the near future. Call FRPP Tech Hotline on their website to confirm.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tungsten said:
The FRPP Cold Air kit will not work with the 2006 Mustang GT.
AHHH CRAP!!!

So what's my best option here then??
I've heard great things about the X-Calibrator.
Curious what Intake works best?!?!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Would using the Ford Racing Inatke with their Tune VOID the car's engine factory warranty?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got one of these on order already, so my question is, will all the components function correctly, just not at optimal parameters?

Man, I'm not liking the sound of this! You think that Ford Racing would not advertise a kit under 2005/2006 Mustang that is only compatible with the 2005 MY. Hmmmmmm......

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sandwich said:
I've got one of these on order already, so my question is, will all the components function correctly, just not at optimal parameters?

Man, I'm not liking the sound of this! You think that Ford Racing would not advertise a kit under 2005/2006 Mustang that is only compatible with the 2005 MY. Hmmmmmm......
Sandwich, I had been waiting for several months for the Ford Racing C A I from Sean Hyland motorsports. It was supposed to start shipping on Jan 1, 2006. I have been advised by SHR that Ford has withdrawn the part. Have no reason why. It was the same design as one found on the RK Sport website. I didn't want to get into the tuning/dyno stuff or go to premium gas unless no tune was needed. Guess we will have to keep looking. The kit written up at the home page of AFM looks interesting and may be the reason Ford changed their mind. Who knows??? :?: :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.