Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have just the K springs installed on my 2011. The front right strut already blew out on me so I would look into getting the struts and strut mounts as well.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i have the k springs with everything else factory. skunk i didnt know you were in this forum lol. anyways back to op i havnt had an issue so far but i dont really drive my car much.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks for the help! mine is a DD so I'll keep that in mind... new struts and mounts needed because of how much the springs lower the car? why don't other brands recommend this?

·
Banned
109 Posts
I installed the K springs, and they are great. Great drop and ride and I didnt install anything else with them. No panhard, or strut mounts. I will say that I could use the panhard though because it does look like the rear was shifted towards the driver side a touch. They are awesome out on the road though. They made the car so much more stable.

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
The K Springs drop it all about 1.5" right? What size rims and series of tires are you guys running? I ordered mine with the FRP K Springs and struts and I'm worried I'm going to rub with the rims and the overall 1.5" drop? Should I be?

Anyone have any pics of the 2011+ with a 1.5" drop?

Thanks!

James
HTG Motorsports

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just did mine today. No struts as I will wait till spring. As for the mounts they are kinda cheap and will upgrade when I do struts. I got a adjustable Panhard bar incase I needed it and sure enough I did. First impressions are great. It's totally liveable and my streets are a mess. So I no once I do struts it will be awesome. This is the second mustang I have lowered without doing struts and they ride great after. My challenger was a different story. I couldn't take it after a couple weeks and did the struts. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The K Springs drop it all about 1.5" right? What size rims and series of tires are you guys running? I ordered mine with the FRP K Springs and struts and I'm worried I'm going to rub with the rims and the overall 1.5" drop? Should I be?

Anyone have any pics of the 2011+ with a 1.5" drop?

Thanks!

James
HTG Motorsports
I have K springs, Koni STR T dampeners and BMR panhard bar with a set of Forgestar F14s 20x9 20x11 and Nitto Invo tires 275/35 315/35

·
Registered
257 Posts
Any clearance issues?
No clearance issues at all. Haven't rubbed since I got the wheels and tires and ive driven for almost 8k miles already.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hey swervo looks awesome! what did the wheels/tires cost ya? debating on these or RTRs...
1900 for the wheels tires were 1300 mounted.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Manolith - I'm actually growing a lil more found of this forum over mm. Seems to be more tech based info here.

Swervo - Car is looking SEXY as always.

I attribute my shock blowing to the piss poor roads and that I was driving the car no matter what the weather...that includes over 2 feet of snow one cold February evening. With the K's I would strongly recommend an adjustable panhard bar at the minimum. Relocation brackets for the lca's and an adjustable upper control arm would get everything "right" again. I cannot wait to put the tokico's on the front and a pair of strange adjustables on the rear. I do more straight line than cornering.

I've also pulled the front sway and have only noticed slight adverse effects. You can tell it's not there when you really crank into a turn, but a little more pressure on the "go" pedal and the trac-lok bites down and pushes you nicely through any questionable situations.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Starting to get sold on the K (5300?) springs, especially since I thought the drop was only 1".

I had eibach pro-kit on my 2011 GT/Brembo - now looking for springs for my 2012 GT/Brembo.

Anyone know the spring rates for the K-5300's vs the Eibach Pro-Kit?

Price-wise, the K's win hands down. Just curious about the spring rate difference.

thanks,
damon

btw, also have a set of UMI lower control arms going in (never got around to installing them on the 2011 and picking up a panhard.

G

·
Starting to get sold on the K (5300?) springs, especially since I thought the drop was only 1".

I had eibach pro-kit on my 2011 GT/Brembo - now looking for springs for my 2012 GT/Brembo.

Anyone know the spring rates for the K-5300's vs the Eibach Pro-Kit?

Price-wise, the K's win hands down. Just curious about the spring rate difference.

thanks,
damon

btw, also have a set of UMI lower control arms going in (never got around to installing them on the 2011 and picking up a panhard.
FRPP "K" springs are a 1.5" linear drop.
FRPP "P" springs are a 1" progressive drop.

·
Registered
380 Posts
FRPP "K" springs are a 1.5" linear drop.
FRPP "P" springs are a 1" progressive drop.
K springs on fordracing.com shows progressive in both the description and if the picture is correct, the rears are certainly progressive.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts