Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added them about a week or two ago. I love the sound a lot, but I'm thinking I might want to remove the resonators on Monday(I'm off).

How loud would they get? Has anyone has a video clip or seen a video clip? I think I only seen 1 or 2 posted here...

I don't want them to get too loud if I take them off.

Let me know. Thanks..

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Watch the first little bit of this video, the two cars you hear both have Borla S-types which are similar to yours. The first one you hear has stock mid pipes and the that starts up has aftermarket pipes without resonators.

If you can tell, removing them doesn't change the volume much but makes it more poppy/raspy.

Fall Mustang Cruise '14 - YouTube

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep I'm in... I have the FR exhaust too. Not loud enough. I LOVE drone.. lol

If I don't have enough sound I don't "feel one with the car"

If I get an offroad xpipe it'll sound like that right??

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes but it WILL be too loud... You won't love that drone.. I know I wont... That's why I only want to take out the resonators... Even then I might not like it.. I will see Monday...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes but it WILL be too loud... You won't love that drone.. I know I wont... That's why I only want to take out the resonators... Even then I might not like it.. I will see Monday...

Ok so there are cats AND resonators?? Ok I know what you mean then I've seen some youtube vids where its just ridiculous track only stuff.. I don't want that.

Is there a catless resonated xpipe? I want the cats gone because of the flow/hp.

Plus I'm pretty sure the FR exhaust I have is very very tame compared to any others I've heard online. So maybe it wont be too bad?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cats are right after the engine I believe. The resonators are almost next to the mufflers...

If I were you I will just take out the resonators first.. And then see if you like it like that...

Also I saw a 2014 gt, he had borla exhaust.. Look like the the tips are way bigger then the FRS... It also sounded that the resonators were off too... It had a little bit of rasp..

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have the GT500 mufflers. When I put them on, I liked them but wanted a little bit more. I had the resonators cut out and they sound much better. More gurgly sounding and a little more volume.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok after going to Dallas and going back to austin, I'm not going to take off the resonators... The low tone is a bit too much lol.. Sounds great tho... Doing 70-75 mph, nothing but low tone is a bit loud lol..

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know how you yall people with the louder exhust do it...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the GT500 mufflers. When I put them on, I liked them but wanted a little bit more. I had the resonators cut out and they sound much better. More gurgly sounding and a little more volume.

Yes I also had the gt500, that's the best exhust for the money I think...

The gt500 don't go as deep as these, but they are a bit louder after 3k or so..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts