Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the FRPP handling pack for the 2011 the same suspension that the Shelby GT came with? As I recall from reviews of those cars at the time the ride was pretty rough. I know Ford has revised the spring rates on the new cars but they still sit up pretty high.

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Is the FRPP handling pack for the 2011 the same suspension that the Shelby GT came with? As I recall from reviews of those cars at the time the ride was pretty rough. I know Ford has revised the spring rates on the new cars but they still sit up pretty high.

I spoke to Ford for my 11, they said they are still "testing" the springs for the car

I ended up going with the Roush Extreme set which is approved for the 11, looks amazing and feels great, cant even feel the car was dropped, it sits just perfect too, can not ask for a better drop

Here are a couple of photos from my cell, last weekend after I did the wheels, I will have many high res photos by the sunday

Attachments

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke to Ford for my 11, they said they are still "testing" the springs for the car

I ended up going with the Roush Extreme set which is approved for the 11, looks amazing and feels great, cant even feel the car was dropped, it sits just perfect too, can not ask for a better drop

Here are a couple of photos from my cell, last weekend after I did the wheels, I will have many high res photos by the sunday
So none of the typical bouncy feeling of having limited spring travel that you usually get with shorter springs?

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Not at all , the car feels great, this is the 1st time I have used a Roush product, I always went with Eibach on my other Mustangs, I must say I am very very pleased with the Roush springs, and the best part about these springs is that its recommended to used them with all stock componants

·
Registered
226 Posts
So none of the typical bouncy feeling of having limited spring travel that you usually get with shorter springs?
Bouncing comes from shocks and struts, not the springs.

·
Registered
220 Posts
+1 perfect drop. Nice call on the rims also!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Love it!!!! Looks really awesome!

As soon as mine comes in, I was planning of lowering it as well. How much drop 1" or 1.5"?

Also, what rims (and rim size) do you have on yours? They look absolutely awesome and perfect!!!

Thanks,

Andy

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ford Racing has not released the upgrade for the GT yet, rumor has it, and from experience, I believe it, the upgrade will include an ECS tune and be similiar, if not identical to the RTR package.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
The 10s track pack was supposedly nearly identical to the Shelby GTs suspension...in as much as the used most of the actual parts directly from the Shelbys assembly line. Much of that is now standard on the 11 GTs with the exception of the tires and strut tower brace. (which you get with the 19s and convertibles)

FRRP should be further tweaking that nicely with its new handling pack and i agree it will be very similiar to the RTR package. In the end it should out handle a shelby.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.