Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Description: World Class 5-speed manual transmission with short-throw shifter. .95/1.90/1.30/1.0/.63 ratios. Double moly 2nd speed, 3rd speed and countershaft cluster gears. Carbon-fiber 3-4 blocker rings. Improved synchronizers and bearings. 1 1/16 diameter 10-tooth input spline. 28-tooth output spline. 7-tooth speedometer drive gear. Cobra-style pocket bearing. Steel input bearing retainer. Not legal for sale or use on pollution-controlled motor vehicles. T-5 super duty V8 only.

Part Number: M-7003-Z

For more information visit: http://www.fordracing.com

Keywords: Z T5 Transmission Ford Racing 5-speed speed

94tranny.jpg

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This tranny has a a dropped 1st and overdrive, allowing the use of 4.10 gears and such, and still be able to use 1st gear and overdrive.

Rating5
ProsSmooth shifting, use-able 1st and Overdrive
Consnone
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
82 Posts
better 1st gear ratio than stock, lands you in the 2nd gear sweet spot. Taller overdrive allows for lower gearing and better highway mileage. However: really hard shifting at first, getting better after 500+ miles of break-in driving. Still very notchy shifting.

Rating8
Pros1st and overdrive ratios a huge plus over stock.
Consvery notchy shifting
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
703 Posts
I bought this transmission from summit racing along with a centerforce clutch to replace my stock 5 speed that went out in my 92gt. It worked great I had no issues.

Prosworks great
Consnone
Would you recommend?yes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts