Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Tech Advisor
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
4,795 Posts
Well, unfortunately just like the leaked pics showed a while back the GT front end is large and weirdly shaped. It just looks very goofy.(n)
In contrast the base Mustang front end looks better proportioned and unoffensive. Otherwise, the S650 looks pretty much just like the S550 to me.

·
Tech Advisor
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
4,795 Posts
Based of the photos I'd say that the info screen seems a bit pasted and doesn't seem to flow well with the dash. That being said, I personally am not a fan of the way most carmakers just seem to balance the screen on the front edge of the dash like an afterthought.
I couldn't agree more. I don't understand why they can't simply make the screens more naturally integrated in the dash and console.
Just my thoughts on some of these various new "advancements":

"Ford Power-Up software updates create an upgradable ownership experience"
Yeah, this has started to be the new way for car manufacturers to extract more of your $ by essentially either renting out features on a pay to play basis or the car coming with the feature already but just not enabled/functional.

"its edgier yet timeless exterior design"
I would disagree completely especially on the "timeless" part of that statement. Also, the "edgier" hood looks almost cartoon like with the way it droops down over the grill and headlights. It makes it looks like it has a big hump on the front of the car.

“Removing some of these physical buttons, such as radio and climate control, and integrating them into a digital display was popular in research with Millennials, Gen-Z and traditional Mustang drivers alike.”
I don't like having to go to the screen for every little thing. Real buttons and switches only make sense to make things happen immediately and without having to take your eyes off the road going thru menus and submenus while trying to tap a virtual button.

"EcoBoost models feature Ford’s ‘ActiveX’ synthetic leather upholstery with multiple color options, while GT models gain leather seat inserts."
Synthetic leather is just another term for vinyl/plastic or pleather. I would assume the non-Premium versions get the pleather(base Ecboost) or partial leather(base GT) and that the Premium still gets full genuine leather. In any case I'd much prefer the cloth rather than pleather seats or partial leather seats.

"Amazon Alexa Built-In"
No thanks. I like not having something Amazon makes analyzing and listening to my every word and if there's a camera built into it then even worse.

"The seventh generation adds modern chiseled looks to its heritage-inspired design"
I think "heritage" inspired design is a stretch here. The outgoing S550 really couldn't even pass off that claim and I would bet most people think the S650 does NOT resemble a heritage Mustang design unless you consider only the S550 as heritage.

"The Tri-Bar LED headlamps continue the Mustang’s classic lighting signature."
Classic lighting signature?!?!

"GT is differentiated from EcoBoost models by larger, more aggressive grille openings"
I already commented about this in a previous post but this really is a major letdown for me on this design. The GT grill is just WAY too large and awkward. The headlights are also short and squinty which just amplify the visual of the massive and dopey looking grill. The air inlets for the brakes(or fake inlets on the non-PP versions) are also too big, weirdly shaped, and don't flow well with the rest of the bumper/spoiler.

“The new Mustang is more chiseled and edgier, leaning into Mustang’s classic brawniness and timelessness.”
Again, Ford really likes to use the timeless adjective even though it doesn't apply to this new design imo. The ass end is good looking to me and could be considered retro but the rest of the car doesn't resemble a Mustang in the slightest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts