Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Yeah, but you can take stuff like that as half empty, half full... to me some of those reasons costs are going up 2 billion is encouraging news, especially in today's economy. Staying on top of future product development and increased factory capacity due to higher sales are good things. I think the rub however is the higher sales right now are coming from the lower profit, more fuel efficient car lines.

·
Registered
734 Posts
If Ford could actually output a couple of f***ing Mustangs every once in a while, they might not be having this problem.

Just kidding. Sorta. :yelwacko:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Higher material costs along with customer worries of a double dip and high gasoline costs are probably the bigest contributers.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
If Ford could actually output a couple of f***ing Mustangs every once in a while, they might not be having this problem.

Just kidding. Sorta. :yelwacko:
Truer words... Ford couldn't make ordering a car much more of a pain in the a** really. It finally worked out in the end for me as I got a better deal and a better trade with my new dealer, but who, aside from a few nut jobs like us allfordmustang folks are gonna be willing to wait 8 friggin' months for a car? How can a company be so wrapped up in red tape that allocation issues can prevent a dealer from getting a car for someone who is willing to plunk down $35-45K or more? Insanity.

Sometimes I wonder if they are intentionally trying to making sales skid so they can justify their upcoming global platform Probestang madness.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IMHO, I would not root for the stumbling of any American auto maker, especially in this dire economic point in our history. :nono:

I hope Ford, GM and Chrysler pull through and become extremely profitable for the sake of many thousands of American middle class workers.

With that said, I think Ford will figure this out as even the best sometimes have problems with significant new launches. Take Lexus as an example in 2006 they had many issues with the new ES350 model and other issues with the new LS460 along with the then new IS250/350 lines. They solved all problems, but it took almost 18 months to figure everything out. So yes companies can fix these things, but it does not happen with the flip of a switch, even with the best of the best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.