Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Well hears my situation,ordered 2011 GT base on 4/17 and past a couple ETA dates with the latest being 6/1.I'm giving it another two weeks and then I may get a 2010 that my dealer has.
Zilla, don't you do it! I ordered 4/1 and my car shipped 6/8. Yours should be right behind mine by a week or so. You KNOW you really want the 2011 so give up the dream. Stay the course!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Ford will stop production on the line if anthing will hold it up. The arm rests are not coming in on time. That stops the line. If any quality issue comes up the line stops.

·
Registered
44 Posts
In fact, I think a lot of orders that we all think are retail are really stock. As I've heard before, if your name doesn't appear on the window sticker, than more then likely it's a stock order. Anyone of authority, correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm not of authority but that can't be right. My name never appeared on my window sticker but my dealer gave me a printout of the dealer order. The print out clearly showed that the order was a "retail," "priority 11" order. Now there was a period of time when dealerships were taking orders prior to Ford's "permission to sell" date. Those orders were probably either entered as stock orders or held until the "permission to sell" date and inputed as retail orders at that time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
In fact, I think a lot of orders that we all think are retail are really stock. As I've heard before, if your name doesn't appear on the window sticker, than more then likely it's a stock order. Anyone of authority, correct me if I'm wrong.
My dealer told me only X/Z/Z plan orders get a persons name. Ordinary retail orders won't see a name. He seems very honest and told me my car was placed as retail and sure enough my name is not visible on the sticker.

Greg

·
Registered
26 Posts

In the window sticker box designated "Item number", if the last number is a 1 it is retail, 2 is stock. Mine is "2".

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.