Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I've read almost every forum on here about forged internals and it has come to my attention that there the only way to go, I got that down packed. I was just wondering if the 85-92 5.0L's came with forged crank, rods, and pistons or just the pistons as I've been reading about.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Pistons and rods were forged, crank was cast iron.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking at buying a new short block off of Late model restoration and they offer 2 5.0L blocks one with cast internals on one with forged pistons. Just curious if the they mean just the pistons are forged or are the rods also and if there not they would I be better finding a late model with forged rods and pistons rather then purchasing a new short block?

·
Registered
883 Posts
You're block will probably break before you have problems with ur rods or crank, depending on what you're building i would say N/A and low boost (turbo & supercharger) up to about 400-450 use the stock internals just rebuilt the engine with ARP Bolts on everything, performance bearings and gaskets and you should be good. Anything higher then that get a rotating assembly through Eagle or someone like that. It'd be cheaper then buyin a whole new block thats a stock replacement. Unless its an Aluminum Dart or World or something like that. :bigthumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.