Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm already getting excited about Shelby G.T.500. There was no reason to be before. Only thing between us now is a couple of feet of snow.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Johnnytuinals said:
Its ashame people are putting in orders for 2006 GTs when the 2007s ordering will start soon...JohnnyT
Hmmmm really? It's a "shame" ? Lets see... they won't build one until first week of June and then we all know it takes a while to get an order into the factory for one (given the allocation method..... There will still be a long wait to get an '07 I think. BTW, I will be getting an '07 vert and will "try" to get the Shelby too.

Johnny? What you drivin?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got My 2006 stang Gt at Invoice,,,Had one on order but I would still be waiting since June if I did not find another dealer that gave me a great deal..
MSRP $30125
INVOICE $27,787

Lets look at it this way If they are taking orders in March for a 2007 Gt I would wait and not order one now....But I really would be the First one on a Major dealers list....
If they start making them in June they will be on dealer lots in late JUNE early JULY.Why would you want a 2006 GT in March,April or May????When you know the 2007 are on their wayyyyyy......JohnnyT:dunce:

·
Registered
44 Posts
There is absolutely no reason for anyone to be waiting on a GT or vert at this point. They are parked all over the lots down here in Florida, GT's V-6's and verts. We are also starting to see a lot of v-6's and some GT's on the used car lots two at the Ford dealer here.

Florida has always seemed to have more of the new mustang than in other parts of the country. Saw a black GT vert and a black GT parked side by side all this past week. Black GT is gone now but black GT vert and 8 other new mustangs still parked on dealer lot.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea there are Stang GTs in Florida,Texas Calif. for sale at Sticker or above and maybe a few where yea can get a deal....

But why would someone lets say from NYC or NJ or Even PA order a Stang GT now when the Order forms are coming out in early March?
Yes if you order now you might get a 2006 GT in april or May MAYBE depends on your dealer and so far I really don't see many Gts on dealer lots in the Northeast..But if yea order a 2007 in March you might have a 2007 in late June Or early July....
I ratter wait a few months and get a 2007 instead of a year old 06 stang Gt.
JohnnyT and I am not a dealer just passing it on to the good folks that want updates..:dunce:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea you are right if you can get a GT now but in most areas you cannot find GTs......
But I would not order one now when yea know in a few months you can order a 07.JohnnyT

·
Registered
403 Posts
Johnnytuinals said:
Its ashame people are putting in orders for 2006 GTs when the 2007s ordering will start soon...JohnnyT
in 16-20 months the 08's will be coming out though...J/K

if its something you really want not to miss out on, why wait at all. :laughlitt

·
Registered
676 Posts
ford4v429 said:
in 16-20 months the 08's will be coming out though...J/K

if its something you really want not to miss out on, why wait at all. :laughlitt
LOL ... true words.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know if I was going to order a 06 Stang GT in Nov and maybe get it in April or May with my hard earned cash,Why not order one in March and get it in Late June or Early July.........Now thats just ordering one...

If I want one now I am sure there are dealers that have Gts in STOCK,But most want sticker or higher....
But then again you can find a few dealers that will give yea a deal.
Up on the Northeast there are really nooooo GTs in Stock so why order one when you can order a 07 in March and have it BY Summer?

Funny all the Stang Gts are in the south and west coast and thought they would make many more 06 GTs this year but I guess that they will not....JT:wavey

·
Registered
209 Posts
LOL...this topic (i.e. multiple threads about waiting for your car) has been going on since July '04...I don't think anything's ever going to change.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
July of 2004?

Glad I got my 2006 GT.....Silver is a good color and it hides the dirt....
But when i look a bit harder today i saw a little bit where most would not....So off to the car wash and now I knowwww its clean...JohnnyT:smoke:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Johnnytuinals said:
July of 2004?

Glad I got my 2006 GT.....Silver is a good color and it hides the dirt....
But when i look a bit harder today i saw a little bit where most would not....So off to the car wash and now I knowwww its clean...JohnnyT:smoke:
Yep, July '04 is when lots of us ordered our '05 stangs.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ordering is such a drag. The waiting kills me. And because of the internet, we know before our dealer does, exactly what is on constraint and for how long. I think that for the next one, (oh let it be Shelby G.T.500), I'll be willing to go out of town to get it. Make a little mini-vacation out of it; Coffee in the cup holder, bag of Dorito's in the lap, halitosis.
Eight hours later you reach break-in miles.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would do the same thing....Sucks waiting when you can get the same car and color in the south at MSRP...Yep a mini vacation...JohnnyT

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered my 2006 the first week of August and got it the last week of September. The wait may not be as long as what they are quoting.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not say all dealers but most!!!
You are very lucky you got yours.......
Most dealers in Northeast have not seen any GTs yet in my area....
And the few that got some sold the Gts over sticker......Jt

1 - 19 of 19 Posts