Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, after ripping all that I wanted out of my melted down mustang my dad found this tag. I know on one side of it is the actual VIN number which is 9R01H113390. On the other side there's another code which is C9ZB. Could anyone tell my what this 4 digit code is for and what it identifies.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
^ is correct

Were you able to salvage much from the car? How did the engine, tranny and rear look afterwards?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really? where can i find out what the date and month was cause i'd like to make a memorial for my car and my dad's 67 cougar and would love to know the dates both cars were made. Unfortunately the data plate off the door is pretty much gone. We pulled the whole engine, exhaust and the 9" rearend out of my mustang, haven't touched the cougar yet, but the rear still had fluid in it but haven't really checked anything out yet, i really just want the block and the rearend out of the whole thing, i decided i want a 408 stroker with my next project and just need the block.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Your car was built around Oct. 21, 1968.

I have a book here (Mustang Production Guide) with Mustang VINs listed and some of them have the additional info that's on the door tags. The book has 9R01H113151 and 9R01L113924 listed with 21K date codes and your VIN falls between them.

Marti Autoworks could tell you the exact day the car was built as it could have fallen behind or produced sooner depending on parts avalability. He could make you a replacement door tag if you wanted too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.