Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I have found a set of PI heads off of 2001 GT. only thing i am worried about is that there may be something wrong with them. Is there any way I can check to see if there is something wrong with them. I need help before I spend the money and get the wrong end of the deal.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
547 Posts
have them pressure checked, make sure they arent warped....... basicaly you need to bring them to someone who knows what they are doing. how many miles are on them?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure. He said he bought them to do the same thing with the upgrade. Said he paid 400 for the heads, cams, valve covers, manifold, and intake. He said he sold the car and is moving out of town and only wants 100 for them. Makes me wonder if they are damaged and this is the reason for the cheap price.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I dont know, $100 for that may be worth a shot, then take em somewhere and have em checked out?

·
Registered
207 Posts
for $100 i would take the chance even if there is something wrong with the heads the intake alone is worth the $100

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so i didnt get those heads but i did find a guy that owns a performance shop. Called and he has about 8 pair of heads sitting around. Went up and met with him. We pulled each pair out and looked at them I scored big time. Found a set with COMP Cams already installed, new valve springs etc. Appears to be ported/polished and got the pi intake for lets say less than what two rear tires would cost me. If anyone is looking for a set of pi heads and near me let me know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.