Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice on what mid-pipe to use with my super 44's and stock manifold on my 91 5.0. I'd like the exhaust note to be a little raspier- at least as raspy as flows can get.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
X-pipe is supposedly more raspy than an H-pipe. Also, if you want it to be LOUD, get the o/r version

·
Registered
292 Posts
Are all x pipes created equal?
Nope. For example, BBK x pipe, UPR x pipe, and dr. gas x pipes are made differently. BBK is not much of an x, while the UPR and dr gas uses the real X design. But, dr gas has the merging point closer to the headers than the UPR. :scratchchin

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
The X is raspier than the H. You could also get the MAC ProChamber, it has an even bigger merge area.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I heard the pro chamber is kinda tame- does having the merge point closer to the header make the exhaust louder? I've heard soundclips with the pro chamber and i thought it sounded awesome

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
The large merge area can act like another muffler, so on a mild car it might tame it down. I have one but it doesn't tame mine.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I fall under the mild car category- bone stock mild! MAC Pro Chamber, super 44's and dumps would be my setup. Shorties are next

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you want loud and raspy (and good fitting) then Bassani is the way to go. Here's a clip of my car with Bassani BX catted X pipe and Bassani exhaust. Obviously going with an off-road X will make it even louder but also illegal. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a Bassani off road X pipe on my '86 GT Vert and it sounds pretty nasty. If you can get around state inspections, it's the way to go.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have an O/R BBK X Pipe and it sounds fantastic.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i'm not trying to thread jack here but i just installed a pypes off road x pipe. what is everybody doing with there thermactor tube?

·
Registered
261 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
What is your setup?^^

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I was running shorty headers and a BBK o/r h pipe, I switched to MAC Longtubes and MAC prochamber and it actually quieted it down more, I was surprised because I figured the LTS would be a little louder over the shorties, but I guess the prochamber compensated for it. It still sounds knarly though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
442 Posts
I was running shorty headers and a BBK o/r h pipe, I switched to MAC Longtubes and MAC prochamber and it actually quieted it down more, I was surprised because I figured the LTS would be a little louder over the shorties, but I guess the prochamber compensated for it. It still sounds knarly though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Please make a new video today sir

·
Registered
7 Posts
When you say raspy do yu mean like the popping and burbbling? Cuz if so I have stock manifold woth an x pipe thats cut just after the "x" and its the loudest mustang ive ever heard (can't have a conversation at idle) and it pops and backfires on all my down shifts personally I hate the sh** cuz I deliver food all day

1 - 20 of 28 Posts