Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have heard that if you install rear disc
(which I have done) on fox bodys that you whould have to upgrade booster, any truth to this? To be honest brakes seemed to have been working OK after upgrade. At this time car has been dismantled due to the fact that I am tired of looking at a dirty engine compartment and now whould be a good time to upgrade booster if it is recomended. :headscratch: Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I don't believe it is absolutly necessary. With some conversions, upgrading the booster will give a slightly softer pedal. I'd say its boils down to personal preference. I'm using the stock booster with my SN95 Cobra brakes. Pedal is quite a bit more firm than with the stock brakes, but works fine for me as is. If i ever found a '93 Cobra booster for cheap, I might try it to see what happens.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
My pedal was like a rock until I did the booster conversion. You did gut the prop valve under the M/C and install an adjustable prop valve in line to the rear brakes, right? I used my stock M/C. It's fine.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Yes, I gutted the stock valve and installed the adjustable valve. I swapped to a '85 Lincoln M/C that has a 1" bore. By most peoples standards, my pedal would probably be too hard. It would probably be smart to swap to the '93 Cobra booster. I'm just happy to not have a pedal that nearly goes to the floor when braking.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I have the 93 Cobra Booster and MC in my Stang and I must say it has the best pedal feel of any car or truck I have ever owned.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
If you upgrade and use the stock M/C, you will be able to retain the low brake/fluid feature the car comes with. That's what that plug into the stock M/C is.

·
Registered
365 Posts
you also don't neccisarily need a 93 cobra BB either, mine is off a 94 v6 and it works great. Although 50resto has new cobra BB's for about $150 which isn't too bad...

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
you also don't neccisarily need a 93 cobra BB either, mine is off a 94 v6 and it works great. Although 50resto has new cobra BB's for about $150 which isn't too bad...

The reason I always suggest the 93 Cobra Booster is that it was made for a Fox Body so the 4 Studs are in the same position and have the same thread pattern so the stock nuts go on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts