Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a rebuilt 302 with a weiand stealth 8020 intake and a holley 650 carb and since the stealth intake raises everything about 2 inches i am having problems clearing my hoodon my 79. the air cleaner i have now is a 14 by 3 but it wont fit on straight because the fuel feeder on the side will no allow it and i have tried a air cleaner spacer which didnt help my problem only raising it. i have also tried a smaller one but it bumped it up casue how it sits. So what i am really asking is what can i do to make the 14 by 3 fit????? any suggestions

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i haven't messed with carbs in years, but isn't 14x3 the stock size filter? what kind of feeder are you running? stock?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i believe its the stock dual fuel feeder so there is an outlet in the front of the carb and in the back.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Cut a hole in the hood and put an 83 GT cowl over it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that was my next idea:bigthumbsup but i like the hood and would rather stay away from cutting a hole in it unless i have to then i will

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Or you can just get the entire hood from a 79 or 82 Gt that has the scoop on it. It will bolt right on to your car.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea, i found a solution today i heater the fuel feeder and bent it down enough to where the air cleaner sits on there level and the hood closes now with abou 1/4 inch of space between the hood and the air cleaner but my problem is now solved thanks for the suggestions though :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.