Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I bought some new door lock lock actuaters and so when I was taking the old power locks out and the plugs they plug into were all gummed up and full of grease so I put a volt meter on the plug hit the switch and no power was coming through, then I tested the wires going out from the unlock and lock switch and it got 12 volts. So were can I get new the new plugs that plug into the lock actuater?

-Jim

·
Registered
946 Posts
Try some electrical part cleaner like 5 bucks from any auto store. If thats doesnt work, most parts stores can get an aftermarket one, if you want motorcraft use ebay or a parts site.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Cool let us know what the results are, also a tooth pick or a pick like tool might help get some gum outta there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I sprayed some switch cleaner and tried to dig some out with a small flathead screw driver, still a lot of gum up stuff still in there. I've found wire harness sets that have the plug on them but there 100$ and I don't need half of that stuff. So I might try soaking them in acetone or just going to junk yard and pulling some off of another

1 - 6 of 6 Posts