Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what type of tire are you all using and what ones get the best gripp with the fox boy stangs i had douglas on mine just put some Nitto Nt555's on oh damn they hook way the hell better

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Those Nitto's are some great tires... I'd say the Goodyear F1, BFGoodrich KDW and KD are also great.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i bought them on ebay from the discount tire store for 225 for two them brand new with sticker and all they are over stock sales they are 133 atire in my size so 266 i paid 225 free shipping! they are awesome i live these Nitto Nt 555 zr's

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
So what type of tire are you all using and what ones get the best gripp with the fox boy stangs i had douglas on mine just put some Nitto Nt555's on oh damn they hook way the hell better
The Nitto's are a great tire better than those douglas. I would think about buying them for my next set of tires.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I'm running the nitto drag radials this is my 3rd set on a mustang and I've never had a complaint they hook great and look awesome.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm running the nitto drag radials this is my 3rd set on a mustang and I've never had a complaint they hook great and look awesome.
ya there almost they same as the drag radial i love them the douglas are **** once they start to spin they melt these Nt555's spin a little but they **** and get i can launch from much higher rpms with out smoking them

·
Registered
455 Posts
I love nitto 555r's on the street, even more so I like my MT Et Street Radials at the track. No fun on the street if there is any rain plus they wear out way too fast, but for just track use they are wicked. My next set to go on the draglites I think will be a set of normal ET Streets (the bias-ply's) just to see what kind of fun I can have :evillol:.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
omg i think im in love with these tires just put my rear lowering springs on today and re set my traction bars omg i bog at 4k rpm drop now! i would burn the from around 2 with my other tires and with out springs i put max speed lowering springs on!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I love my NT555r's too, theyre awesome on a warm day but as with most racing tires they dont do well with rain or cold weather, I have no complaints with BFG's g-force radials either they just look like massive doughnuts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya i dont think my clutch can take a whole lot of this ha ha ha time for stage 2 and 13lb flywheel and 3.73 i think something might break with all the load ha ha ha and to think i couldnt grip to save my life before

·
Registered
514 Posts
so it seems like the Nitto' 555 is the crowd fav lol

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes i will never buy another street tire! and for 245-45-17 at 222 for 2 you cant beat it! they are insane!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.