Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible with a fatman front and rear suspension to fit the FR500 rims 17x9 on front and 17x10 in rear without rubbing and clearence issues? the rims have a 5x4.5 pattern with a 24mm offset. the rears have the 27mm offset. Like I said I will be using Fatmans suspension. The only thing I will need is the adapters for the rear, since I will have late model front spindles. Love the way these look and will set with my new+ old technology theme. Can't find info on backspacing though.

Anyone know of any FR500 rim thinner than 9 inches for the front?

By the way the stang pic is photoshopped.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
found the backspacing

anyone here have an idea? Found out that the 17x9 has a backspace of just under 6 inches. Will that work or is it WAY too much?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Willystyle21 said:
Is it possible with a fatman front and rear suspension to fit the FR500 rims 17x9 on front and 17x10 in rear without rubbing and clearence issues? the rims have a 5x4.5 pattern with a 24mm offset. the rears have the 27mm offset. Like I said I will be using Fatmans suspension. The only thing I will need is the adapters for the rear, since I will have late model front spindles. Love the way these look and will set with my new+ old technology theme. Can't find info on backspacing though.

Anyone know of any FR500 rim thinner than 9 inches for the front?

By the way the stang pic is photoshopped.
yeah, I think t's possible.

Contact DMR fabrication (I think that's their name).

·
Registered
144 Posts
SORRY, no info on the wheels, just wanted to comment on your Coupe. Looks good, and I haven't seen that many Blue.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry coop, but thats not mine, just a pic I ran across. Mine has way more of a slant in the back and mostly is primer grey.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I don't understand what the fatman suspension does to the car.

You mention late model spindles, does this mean front steer spindles?

Do you know the difference in positioning between the stock spindle and the late model spindel relative locations in the wheel well?

I think the best advise I can offer is not to purchase any wheels until you have the full suspesion, brakes, and spindles on the car and to take measurements. usually anytime you look at wheels that fit a late model you need to run a 1 inch to 1.5 inch spacer on a classic stang in order for them to work...however...a spindle swap 'complicates' the issue.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Willy, anything will fit if you use a torch or plasma cutter, and a welder. Since you are changing front & rear suspensions, I'm sure you could narrow the rear or use ladder bars, four-link, whatever to "fit" the wheels under your car. At least you got a '67 with a lot more room under there than my '66 coupe. Check Ford Racing.com for more info or tirerack.com or maybe discounttiredirect.com for specs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.