Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
frame ties?
are you talking about frame stiffeners? I wouldn't think the new Mustangs would need anything like that unless you were pushing some big torque numbers and used sticky tires. street use under 500 rwtq wouldn't need these, i am thinking.

any other opinions?

·
Registered
867 Posts
He's talking about the sub-frame connectors. There is no frame. These will stiffen the car nicely - they are on my list of planned mods wheen the bonus comes in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
frame ties

Yes, sub-frame connectors. My mind drew a blank for the correct term. I think they would be a smart addition to anything used on the strip, or even with just sticky tires on the street. any other opinions?

·
Registered
829 Posts
MN. [url="http:///#" said:
SCOOTER[/url]]Yes, sub-frame connectors. My mind drew a blank for the correct term. I think they would be a smart addition to anything used on the strip, or even with just sticky tires on the street. any other opinions?
my opinion is.. NOT to use them on the strip as it is added weight. I am always thinking of where to cut the weight. Now that's just my opinion....

·
Registered
867 Posts
They are supposed to give you better weight transfer resulting in better traction. After last night's dismal performance at the strip I need all of that I can get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.