Ford Mustang Forum banner

Free front grill

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  5mustang0 
#1 ·
I was bored today and decided to mess with the front grill a bit. Painted the fog lights black. I don't use them anyways. I also painted the pony black and on the driver side I cut away the plastic part that was covering the cold air tube. Im sure that there wont be any performance benefits to this but I was bored. After a wash here are some pics.

See less See more
#4 ·
I did very simillar to you, bought a 2010 black chrome pony for my grill. Have some smoked covers, but waiting till I get my grill surround painted to install them

#7 ·
Looks really nice! I painted the pony on my V6 with matte black paint looked awesome for about 3 days (was well prepped BTW) but road debris peeled the paint in spots. I removed the grill to access the pony to release the retainer clips, sand blasted the pony and used a rhino liner type black paint that was textured when dry. I got a lot of positive feedback from people, and the best part it will never chip. I will definitely do the same with the new one! But I'm keeping the fogs the way they are on mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.