Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 1965 w/4 lugs - is there an adapter so that I can get some newer rims w/5 lugs...

or any help with this dilemma is appreciated.

·
Registered
503 Posts
sorry but no 4-lug to 5-lug adapter exists

for the front wheels, you can do as andrewmp6 said and get a front disc brake conversion kit from CSRP which will switch our your 4-lug drums for 5-lug discs, or you can get some new 5-lug drums online.

for the rear wheels, you'll need to get new 5-lug drums (or drill out the 4-lug drums) and new axles. you can redrill the old axles but its not as safe as getting brand new 5-lug ones.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ok then - can someone tell me the dimensions of the 4 lugs so i can keep that as a reference soasto keep an eye on ebay for 4 lug rims...

much appreciated...

really would like some old skool cragar rims

·
Registered
913 Posts
Dimensions the same as the 5-bolt. I'm pretty sure there never was a Cragar 4x4.5 wheel. They did make 4-bolt Cragar SS wheels for Pinto and Vega, but they are rare as heck and wouldn't fit anyway.

But most Mustang shops can provide aluminum wheels for 4-bolt cars. Here's a couple:

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Check out Discount Tire online. I have the Konig Rewinds, 15x7 on my 66 coupe. They are 8 spoke. I have the charcoal spokes with the machined lip.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The safest way is get a granada swap from Welcome to CSRP then have your rear axles redrilled to a 5 lug pattern.
We offer a 4 or 5 lug version. All kits for 6 cylinder 65-66 include a 6 to eight cylinder steering linkage upgrade kit as well. This is necessary to obtain OE correct steering geometry.

We now offer new production original type 65-66 V8 spindles. These have OE correct V8 geometry and are reinforced at key points to better accept large rotors brake conversions. They use the larger stub axle common on 70-73 spindles. The KH disc brake conversion works well with these. They can be used on a 6 cylinder brake conversion.

·
Registered
909 Posts
what 5 lug drums to use? and where to get new axles?

sorry but no 4-lug to 5-lug adapter exists

for the front wheels, you can do as andrewmp6 said and get a front disc brake conversion kit from CSRP which will switch our your 4-lug drums for 5-lug discs, or you can get some new 5-lug drums online.

for the rear wheels, you'll need to get new 5-lug drums (or drill out the 4-lug drums) and new axles. you can redrill the old axles but its not as safe as getting brand new 5-lug ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts