Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short and sweet. Got a 2006 V6 Ford Mustang. I want to keep this car get a truck and rebuild the whole car from ground up. I want to put in a V8 but know nothing of engines. Where are good places websites whatever to look for custom engines for Mustangs or stores. Can I put in a V8 or is there a specific en go be can only fit in the 2006. Anyone that has knowledge in these things please send me to a good engine site good custom part site. And what is your opinions on changing from a V6 to a V8??

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
The V6 can certainly be built up to perform similar to a V8... and it will perform well!!!!! It will also be much less expensive to do this as compared to dropping a V8 in....which will require a whole different driveline (including differential), suspension, brake system, cooling system and ECM, etc....

Reactions: MustangLife

·
2,801 Posts
Got some great feedback here already. As said it just is not cost effective, but to answer your question it can be done, but not without headaches and a good amount of money.

·
Registered
9,543 Posts
yeah, I think I would start by thinking about whether I really wanted a huge and expensive project, or if I really just want a Mustang with a V8 . . . I'm sure it could be a fun and challenging project, if that is what you want . . . personally, I would start by looking at the trade-in values for the V6 and GT prices

you can also start by scanning and searching the existing threads on here, I'm pretty sure there are a few that have covered this in detail, fairly recently

1 - 5 of 5 Posts