Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gathering parts for the SN95 front brake upgrade. I am planning on using 99+ GT dual piston calipers w/ 13" rotors.
My 89 GT is a single piston caliper setup so I already know that the stock master cyclinder will not support the volume of brake fluid required for the dual piston design. My question is can i use a 99+ GT Master cylinder or do i have to get a after market one specially designed for the fox bodies? It is my first time upgrading brakes so I am in new territory here and any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Drew

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Why not just get a 93 cobra or 94-95 v6 MC ? You will need a 3 port (stock) to 2 port conversion plug but it will be much easier. Becareful with master cylinder selection because sometimes it doesnt always want to fit the shock tower area without some.... manipulation.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where would I be able to get the 3 port to 2 port conversion plug?

Drew

·
Registered
514 Posts
i just got done putting sn-95 brakes and boster and master cly on a 89 gt....it is a little work getting the boster in there but if you use all the sn-95 stuff it will work just as good as it did in the sn-95...oh yeah i also used the proportion valve off the 94 cuz we put my stock 94 rear under it with the disc on the rear.........and for the front i just used a t fitting to slit the front lines to go to each side

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
You will not be able to use a 13" Rotor with just PBR GT Calipers, you can use Cobras, Mach1, or Bullitts. You can get a better 3-2 kit from Maximum Motorsports as it is easier to get it to point aft than Matts kit. A rebuilt 93 Cobra Booster is your best bet by far as Brake Booster choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.