Ford Mustang Forum banner

Front brake conversion question

2391 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  shakerhood
I am gathering parts for the SN95 front brake upgrade. I am planning on using 99+ GT dual piston calipers w/ 13" rotors.
My 89 GT is a single piston caliper setup so I already know that the stock master cyclinder will not support the volume of brake fluid required for the dual piston design. My question is can i use a 99+ GT Master cylinder or do i have to get a after market one specially designed for the fox bodies? It is my first time upgrading brakes so I am in new territory here and any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Drew
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Why not just get a 93 cobra or 94-95 v6 MC ? You will need a 3 port (stock) to 2 port conversion plug but it will be much easier. Becareful with master cylinder selection because sometimes it doesnt always want to fit the shock tower area without some.... manipulation.
Where would I be able to get the 3 port to 2 port conversion plug?

Drew
i just got done putting sn-95 brakes and boster and master cly on a 89 gt....it is a little work getting the boster in there but if you use all the sn-95 stuff it will work just as good as it did in the sn-95...oh yeah i also used the proportion valve off the 94 cuz we put my stock 94 rear under it with the disc on the rear.........and for the front i just used a t fitting to slit the front lines to go to each side
You will not be able to use a 13" Rotor with just PBR GT Calipers, you can use Cobras, Mach1, or Bullitts. You can get a better 3-2 kit from Maximum Motorsports as it is easier to get it to point aft than Matts kit. A rebuilt 93 Cobra Booster is your best bet by far as Brake Booster choice.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.