Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, last night when I was driving my car 89 lx 5.0 manual i could hear a clicking sound coming from the front drivers side any ideas before i tear it all apart tonight? It has new brakes and rotors.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Need more info. :)
What were you doing when it happened (turning, hitting a bump, etc), can you reproduce it by doing the same thing, etc.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I heard the same thing this morning when I was turning left. I was wondering what it was too. I just replaced my springs with FMS C springs. If anyone knows let us know....

·
Registered
93 Posts
it only did it that one day, but I made it do it again and again. but since then it hasn't done it, not to say that it's not going to do it again. I'm getting a wheel alignment right now and I told them to do a complete inspection of everything.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a similar problem with my 89 GT. Except on mine the clicking noise only happens when I FIRST accelerate on any gear, 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc..

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't know if had anything to do with it but my starter bolts were backing out. one of them was so far back that it was almost out. like I said i don't think that it had anything to do with it but that it was loose as a goose.

·
Registered
83 Posts
..thanks, I might have to look into a decent set of upper & lowers. It only does makes the clicking noise every other time now, so i might have some time to play with. thanks!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.