Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Finally got my Sniper EFI install done. The engine runs great so far, would highly recommend to others.

Took the car for a shakedown run now that the engine is running well. The front suspension is VERY noisy. The sway bar is pretty creaky so I plan to dig into that, but there is also a ticking/knocking noise. I linked a video of the driver's side knocking while jacking up the passenger side. Is this likely the shock absorber?

YouTube Link

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Sounds like worn tie rod ends or loose wheel bearings.

Squeaking is typically rubber bushings, and there are a lot of them. Sometimes you can lubricate with silicone spray, work it in between the rubber and metal. If they are worn, replace them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I was already planning to replace the bearings anyways as the front left was pretty noisy while driving. Got the old bearings removed already, just waiting for the new parts to arrive on Friday. I'll let you know if that fixes that knocking sound. Might as well hit the bearings with a silicon spray while I'm in there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry meant to say bushings not bearings. And that's the plan. Already have the old races pressed out.

Alright so with the new front wheel bearings and lubricated bushings the front end is much quieter. I wasn't able to eliminate the main source of noise however. It's hard to describe but almost sounds like a box of screws being shook. It sounds like it is coming front the front left wheel region, once above 10mph. Not sure what to try next.

Front End Noise

I do know that the rear end is at end of life and needs to be rebuilt. Not sure if it could be chatter in that system carrying to the front of the car?

Any thoughts on the noise in the video linked in the post above? With the wheel bearings being replaced I am leaning towards it being the rear end but my ears may not be as calibrated as others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts