Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my parts in and the fix taken care of. It was GREAT for a week. Now the right front has started popping again on the slooow turns. Anybody else have this "pop" back up?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Popping

Otto Man said:
I finally got my parts in and the fix taken care of. It was GREAT for a week. Now the right front has started popping again on the slooow turns. Anybody else have this "pop" back up?
I am assuming it is caused by bad front strut bearings. Ford should replace the struts and bearings and align it for free. If they already did that, then I don't know what is up. I would take it to another Ford dealer and have them take a drive with you.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Otto Man said:
Bummer Otto Man,
I was waiting for someone to post this. I'm just waiting for it to happen. I expect it to happen. :sterb: I wonder if Ford just sent out more of the same crap parts that were used when the cars were made.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I had mine fixed about a month ago. It is just fine. Was funny though when it was fixed I anticipated the noise for a few days! I had gotten so used to it that I heard it in my head. I was supposed to get the gas tank changed the same day but they took too long on the bearing repair and I am to reschedule it. I think I am gunna wit until the '06 is here because I don't think I can go another day without it... hahaha.

Yep take it to another dealer and have them perform the work if they will. My fix is good still. Russ

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a question about the front end popping nose situation here. Do you HAVE to get those in and get fixed? Like will it be bad for the car to not worry about getting them fixed at all, or for at least a little while. I was going to just drive my car for awhile and then when I get close to the end of my warranty, then take it in when it's convienent for me to fix that, the gas tank, etc...

But that is what I'm wondering, not getting that fixed, would that be bad for the car?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Dubl10 said:
I have a question about the front end popping nose situation here. Do you HAVE to get those in and get fixed? Like will it be bad for the car to not worry about getting them fixed at all, or for at least a little while. I was going to just drive my car for awhile and then when I get close to the end of my warranty, then take it in when it's convienent for me to fix that, the gas tank, etc...

But that is what I'm wondering, not getting that fixed, would that be bad for the car?
I drove mine for over 90 days w/ the popping noise. I hear a pop or two from the rear end area every now and then, but I pretend it's nothing. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
sonny1213 said:
I drove mine for over 90 days w/ the popping noise. I hear a pop or two from the rear end area every now and then, but I pretend it's nothing. :)
Yeah I got my car in April and have driven it ever since with it, but it never really bothers me, most of the time I hear my radio and never hear it. I just don't feel like taking it in the shop right now, i use my car everyday!!!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I stopped by my dealership yesterday for a parts order and spoke to the service manager. He owns on '05 V6. He was telling me that Ford has sent him over a dozen repair kits for the popping noise problem in the front end. His V6 experienced the same problem. Apparently, Ford is trying to stay on top of this issue. He told me that Ford fixed this in the '06 model.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Both sides need to be fixed

On the TSB addressing the front end popping while turning at slow speeds, Ford recommends that both sides be addressed with the new parts. It's very likely that the dealer only fixed one side. Now, if the popping is still coming from the same side, it's very likely that the dealer didn't install all the parts he was supposed to install. I'd go to another dealer.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
MGPony said:
On the TSB addressing the front end popping while turning at slow speeds, Ford recommends that both sides be addressed with the new parts. It's very likely that the dealer only fixed one side. Now, if the popping is still coming from the same side, it's very likely that the dealer didn't install all the parts he was supposed to install. I'd go to another dealer.
Oh ya did I bring that up more than once. Are you sure all the parts are in and you going to do both sides. My pass. side strut doesn't line up like the drivers side. It's not in the middle of the opening. They said "it's OK" to be like that. It was in the middle before it was taken apart. :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts