Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 mustang GT and i recently installed 2 stage led turn signals in the front. sometimes they blink perfectly, sometimes they think they are burnt out and the back lights will flash fast. they seem to be right on the edge off that power load enough for the relay to think its a good bulb. is there anything i could do to get them to work properly 100% of the time? If anyone out there has had the same problem and has corrected it. Please, please, any advice would be much appreciated. thanks,

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
It has a lot to do with the current draw, you are right about being right on the edge. The computer does the work rather than a flasher. There is a current draw range.
Are these bulbs designed for the 05+?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think they are, thats part of the problem I'm sure. But they are so close to working perfectly.

·
Registered
464 Posts
You may need to install a resistor in parallel for each of the LED bulbs. Then the current draw will be comperable to the filamet bulbs and the flash rate shoulb be reliable. Places that sell the LEDs will also sell the resistors. You can ask for a resistor appropriate to the 06 Mustang with the style and number of LEDs in each bulb that you have installed.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
You may need to install a resistor in parallel for each of the LED bulbs. Then the current draw will be comperable to the filamet bulbs and the flash rate shoulb be reliable. Places that sell the LEDs will also sell the resistors. You can ask for a resistor appropriate to the 06 Mustang with the style and number of LEDs in each bulb that you have installed.
+1 on the resistors with leds

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have found autolumination.com to be a good resource. They have a huge varitey of bulbs, related products and technical information.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If your not sure of the resistor needed load equalizers can be had for like 5 bucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.