Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just cant figure this one out. The left turn signal in front is the only one that is not working. the rear left signal works, and both right signals work. Checked the wiring and found and repaired one of the wires that had almost broken completely. it was green with a yellow or white stripe. (sorry but cant remember what it was or went to in the socket...very sleep deprived right now.) Still no turn signal. Tried changing the bulb socket and still no front signal. checked and am sure that it is wired in correctly but i am going to triple check it anyways. Oh, and i did make sure the bulb was good lol, it works just fine in the right signal.

I dont see how it could be any of the usual suspects (multi function switch, ignition switch, ect) since it is only the front left signal as opposed to all of them.

Any ideas? this has me kinda pickled. dissapointed.gif

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I went and read a bit online and it says it can be the turn signal switch itself, take a test light and test to see if you're getting power to the socket

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very quick response, have to run out the door, but the old socket was getting power and i am going to test the new socket again tomorrow to be triple sure. only thing that gets me is that i dont think it coulod be the signal switch because then wouldnt i lose both left signals (front and back) rather than just the front one? electrical stuff is not my strong suit, just give me a nice engine to tear apart lol

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Well then it may just be the socket or the wire if your back blinker works.. But I did read on some other forums that is is possible that the switch can only not make the front one not work since it does lead to 2 different spots (can't describe it properly lol)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Does it work with hazard flashers ? Simple and maybe redundant, but don't ever discount anything...

·
Registered
654 Posts
make sure you test for ground at the socket too. if you're not sure just run a wire from ground on battery for testing. if you have power and ground and it still doesn't work then switch out the bulb. use a test light not a volt meter a test light uses amperage to create light, so a weak ground will not light up a test light, but might show up as good on a volt meter.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to make a long story short, we figured out that the husband had an oops and wired the new socket in wrong.facepalm2.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts