Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just place my order for a GT 5.0 this Monday. I checked my order print out just now and it says

FRT LICENSE BKT - No Charge - No Charge

I had specifically asked the sales manager who entered the order for a Front Licence Plate Delete. I am in California. One needs to install the License Plate only when the cops stop you and put it in writing.

Now I am worried that the above line in the order means - the front license plate will be installed.

Any advice will be most appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just place my order for a GT 5.0 this Monday. I checked my order print out just now and it says

I had specifically asked the sales manager who entered the order for a Front Licence Plate Delete. I am in California. One needs to install the License Plate only when the cops stop you and put it in writing.

Now I am worried that the above line in the order means - the front license plate will be installed.

I believe the front plate bracket is installed by the dealer - just tell him not to.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Yeah, take the bracket and have the plate put on. Then when you get stopped for the first time, and you will you won't have to worry about putting on the front plate and paying for the plate bracket, Mike. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
62 Posts

The Ford Store in Morgan Hill left the bracket in the truck, bimalh, which dealer are you buying from?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered it from Frontier Ford at Santa Clara. Was a very good experience. I went to two other Ford Stores in the area (not Morgan Hill) - was amazed at difference of approach and service. (Sorry I digress)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I told my dealer to NOT put on the front license plate bracket. Just make sure to remind them not to put it on. They are required by law to provide the hardware though, so it will appear on your order. Note that there will still be two very very small holes where the plate is supposed to go, however you won't notice them from a few feet away.

I think the fine is currently $25 for not having a front licensee plate, and about 20% of the cars I see day-to-day don't have one. However, it does give them an extra excuse to pull you over if they're having a bad day.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The bracket is put on by the selling dealer and it's one of the first things they do when they come off the truck. Be sure you know when that is! A reminder to the sales manager and salesperson I found prudent.

·
Registered
360 Posts

Dealer installs it. I actually ordered my car because most of the dealers put it on when the car arrives automatically. Call your salesman and ask him to watch and MAKE SURE the guys who receive the car don't automatically install it on yours.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Tell the dealer not and then go order a drilless one from Craig's Custom brackets. its what i did

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
If you want things to go properly, do not rely on the sales department.
The new cars get a (PDI) pre delivery inspection which is handled through the Service Department.
Your best bet is to talk with the Service Director or Manager (give him your vin # and car color) in advance of the car arriving at the dealership. Usually the service department must write a repair order in order for the PDI to be done on a car. Sometimes a car detail person may be the one to install the plate frame ? Find out who actually does what at your Dealership and in what order. Don't rely on the Sales Department to relay your concerns properly and at the right moment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dear Forum Members - I appreciate all your replies. Thank you very much. Based on your advice I wrote a message to the sales manager and this is what he replied the same day :)

The bracket comes inside the trunk and is not installed. We leave it up to the customer to either install it themselves or if customers asks us to install it, we will.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dear Forum Members - I appreciate all your replies. Thank you very much. Based on your advice I wrote a message to the sales manager and this is what he replied the same day :)

The bracket comes inside the trunk and is not installed. We leave it up to the customer to either install it themselves or if customers asks us to install it, we will.
The bracket was in our trunk too and neither Walnut Creek Ford who first received the car nor The Ford Store Morgan Hill who traded for the car to sell it to us did anything with it. :bigthumbsup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.