Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a buddy and he said front mount intercoolers limit the air flow to your AC condensor and radiator and makes a daily driven car run like "****" to put it in his words. I've seen so many people on the forms running front mount coolers and have never heard any complaints. Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I don't think you buddy knows what he's talking about. I've never heard anyone complain about that. And most of the poeple I see install intercoolers with blowers aren't all JUST track cars. I'd say more tend to be daily driven that just track.

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
I run one and do not have one problem with it. A/C works great. A friend runs one one his and has no problems with his either.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I remember reading in a review of the '05 Mustang when it first came out that the reviewers considered the OEM radiator to be WAY undersized and, accordingly, being one of the reasons that the vehicle ran (and runs) hotter than it might otherwise. As such, they suggested that the after-market aluminum radiator makers would being doing a good business at some point.

Probably nobody really wants to replace a stock radiator if they don't have to but that's certainly one way to take care of any concerns about an engine perhaps running hotter than you'd like or even overheating if an IC w/ power adder is installed.

I decide to replace the OEM with a Fluidyne (Mishimoto also makes a good product: see AmericanMuscle.com for info/pricing) both because I didn't want to take any chances when installing my Procharger and because even if I hadn't installed the P1-SC I wanted greater cooling capacity with its subsequent impact on engine performance/longevity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.