Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are a shorty family and have some issues with the seats' heights. Pumping the drivers' seat to the max solves our drivers' problem, but the passengers still can't see outside. Is there a way to move the passenger front seat 1 to 2 inches higher?

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
People have been looking for a solution to this for some time. I don't think anyone has.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Why not add a 2 inch spacer and use longer bolts. Another thought would be to get a drivers seat from a junk yard.You could take off the motor assebly and add it to the passangers seat. Might need to fabricate it in though.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
my 05 basic does not have the power seat. that bracket would be alot cheaper if you can find one. i dont like that about the mustangs either,and we are tall people. i hate being the passenger( which i`m not most of the time) when i`m the pass and the woman wants to driver her car :so at some point i`ll be looking into modding that seat in both cars. what was ford thinking?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I thought this thread was about putting nitrous under the passenger seat, dang I was excited. LOL Seriously, why not not have a 5 lb bottle stored under their for "EMERGENCY APPLICATIONS?"

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Aren't the passenger seat and driver seat in the newer stangs at the same height? if so, grab a later model passenger seat and bolt it right in.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Fortunately one of the conditions my wife imposed when I bought the car was it had to have a power passenger seat. With the passenger seat powered you can raise it to a decent height. Don't know, think I've seen a thread where someone was trying to install the OEM power passenger seat, but don't know if it was actually done.

·
Registered
96 Posts
can always find a soft but thick bleacher cushion used at ballgames....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.