Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my stang to the dealer the other day because I could feel the brakes rubbing through the brake pedal. At 11,000 miles it seemed a little early to need brakes. I was told that both the front rotors were out of round. They were turned under warranty and it seemed to fix the problem. I'm wondering what may have caused this condition. I don’t think I ride these brakes much harder than past vehicles I have owned. I'm wondering if the front rotors and brakes are sufficient for the task of stopping this car.

·
Registered
200 Posts
That is true about over torquing the lug nuts, other causes can be over heating, or even normal braking and then running through a puddle of water, the water quenches the hot rotors and causes them to warp.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I guess the water thing holds true for any water application on warm/hot rotors. Occasionally I stop by the self-serve car was for a quick rinse. I will definitely not spray the wheels and tires in fear of rotor warpage. For that matter, I shall wash the car at home while they are cold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts