Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I actually like the headrests a lot. Maybe it's because I'm short.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Those headrests may be a bit uncomfortable, but it's been shown at least once already that I know of that said angle saved a dude's neck in a pretty bad rear-ender (he got rear-ended). The headrests are like that so that your head is stopped before it builds up too much speed.

There are several threads on how to bend them back with a pipe bender if you would like.

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm 6'2" and they don't bother me a bit. If you don't like them at that angle, turn them around backwards.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Those headrests may be a bit uncomfortable, but it's been shown at least once already that I know of that said angle saved a dude's neck in a pretty bad rear-ender (he got rear-ended). The headrests are like that so that your head is stopped before it builds up too much speed.
This is true.

I'm 6' and at first they were kind of miserable. Not exactly uncomfortable, it was just a distraction to constantly feel it brushing the back of my head. Then I remembered (der) to extend them all the way up. It's not bad now, but I may cheat just a little and have them bent back a tiny bit, at maximum an inch.

I don't taking changing the specs on these lightly as one of the many reasons it was easy to say yes to this car was the excellent crash test ratings. And I'd certainly not want to undermine any of that advantage by flipping the headrests backwards.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
And I'd certainly not want to undermine any of that advantage by flipping the headrests backwards.
I wholeheartedly agree with that. Safety first!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
833 Posts
They are definitely uncomfortable with a helmet on. :shigrin

Otherwise, I have no problems with them.

·
Registered
702 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
After a week or two with the car I wanted to replace them. However I held out a bit longer, tilted my seat back one more notch than usual, moved them all the way up, and now I don't even think about them.

Rob

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think they are the most comfortable head rest I have ever had in any car but that may be because I am 6'2" and they are in the perfect location for me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had the same complaint about my '05. Someone on another board awhile back mentioned he got headrests from a fusion with the same intior that fit perfect and were more comfortable because they didn't have the same angle. might want to check into that.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The price of MRT headrest is keeping increasing! The first time I heard of it, the price is 199 as special to the first customer. Then the website price is 229, now it is 249! Man, kind of greedy.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
^ I don't like companies that do that. Oh well.

I'm happy with them. It did take a little getting use to, but now I think they're great. I'm 5' 9"

·
Registered
5 Posts
This was posted in another thread & has been the best solution, that I've seen so far.

2010+ Mustang Adjustable/Tilting Headrest
I just got a brand new 2012 Mustang this weekend.

I had a 2009 Mustang I traded in, and the headrest was fine on my old car. Unfortunately, I did not notice this on the test drive.

It really is killing me. I may order these. But, how do you remove the factory ones? I can't get them to pull out after the last adjustment notch...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, I just got home and figured out how to remove it. I didn't realize that there was a 2nd button. That was my issue.

I have even been driving my extra car because of this. Once I got home, I figured it out.

I will try to drive without it for 1 day. If it works, I'll order that aftermarket deal.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts