Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am at the point in my resto if a 69 convertible (302) where I need to decide what I want to do with the front suspension. I want to lower the front a bit without making the ride to harsh. I looked at the lowering springs (625 pound) and the shelby mod of lowering the A arm mount by an inch. Anyone have thoughts as to what the best way to do this is....
BTW what is the load capasity of stock front springs anyway? Should I just get the lowering springs and forget the shelby mod? Do both the mod and the springs?
Anyone try variable rate lowering springs? I definately want to lower the front but I really dont want a harsh ride either......anyone with a good spring, shock , mod combo?

THANKS

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Shelby mod helps with handling. It does more than just lower the car. It helps by keeping better ground contact as the car turns. Ford built in a camber that causes the front to lose traction before the rear. (I think that is right, or it could be the other way). But anyway the shelby mod helps with camber in a turn.
Pastorpat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.