Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My handbrakes were forzen a few weeks ago. They got frozen twice, in the morning and in the evening.

The dealer looked at them today, and they told me that everything was find. They said that the next time it would happen, I would need to get my car towed to the dealer for them to find the problem !!!!

This dealer is really :sleeping:, tomorrow I'm going to :sterb:

Did you guys had this problem and what is the solution?

Thanks, Daniel.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Growing up in Finland is pretty much like Montreal... I was thought not to use my E-brake in the winter... For ppl that did we took a hammer or torch to it... :eyepoppin

Maybe some silicone spray on the moving parts and exposed wire...??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Guys,

My car is sleeping at the dealer for the night, they kept it to see if the brakes will be frozen tomorrow morning and try to locate the problem.

Did anyone had this issue resolved? If so what is the fix?

If not, what have they replaced on your car?

P.S. I they don't find anything, I will just keep not using my E-Brakes in the winter.

Thanks, Daniel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes I've had this problem since Thanksgiving. It's been to the Dealer about once a week , and they've replaced everything over the course of these visits. So far 2 weeks so good. Next time it happens tell them that others are having this problem and that the cables and calipers and handle need replacing. They tried telling me that no one else was having a problem and that they had to have it replicate on them. Bradbarrnet.com's has a forum that has me and others with this problem, Check it out
P.S. If you don't set it people have been having the problem of it getting stuck when they get to where they go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have this problem as well. The first time I had it in they said the emergency brake cable was frozen. The second time (at a different Ford dealership) they said "Can't duplicate problem". I honestly think if I hear that statement one more time I might rip someones head off. Both times I had the car towed in by Roadside assistance.

Anyway, my fix is not to use the emergency brake. It's been documented with Ford 3 different times and I have decided they don't give a crap.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well my car had to sleep at the Dealer for two nights for them to see the problem. The brakes were frozen this morning.

The Montreal area Ford rep was at my dealer this morning, according to him Ford Canada has no record of this problem on file, Bull S!!T, [email protected]#$%^*(. They logged my problem in the Ford Canada database.

They ordered a full set of handbrake cables, they will replace them on Monday.

At least the service manager has been nice enough to provide me with a car since last wednesday. I'm quite ancious to get my Mustang back, the only advantage the Focus has is that it is cheaper on gas.

We'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah they've giving me the beat taurus that is uncomfortable and can't get out of it's own way each time too. They should give the car that you have in service, imagine the beatings those mustangs would endure. I know I would:evillol:

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Blu said:
I have this problem as well. The first time I had it in they said the emergency brake cable was frozen. The second time (at a different Ford dealership) they said "Can't duplicate problem". I honestly think if I hear that statement one more time I might rip someones head off. Both times I had the car towed in by Roadside assistance.

Anyway, my fix is not to use the emergency brake. It's been documented with Ford 3 different times and I have decided they don't give a crap.

Good luck with it.
What was the original emergency that caused you to need your emergency brake?

:|

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Mustang has been at the Dealer since last Wednesday. They have been able to reproduce the problem Friday morning and ordered a set of handbrake cables.

They replaced the cables Monday morning and kept it for the night. It was Ok Tuesday morning and they said the that the problem was fixed. I'm not so sure since all they did is to change for quaters for a dollar !!!

Anyway, I'm still parking in 1st gear. I may try the handbrakes during the weekend as I don't want to be stuck in my driveway during the week before going to work.

Here's the P/N of the two cables they changed (sorry if the text is in French, I live in Quebec, the Part Numbers are still the P/N ).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts